Chocolate chip cookies without all the guilt! This healthier version of a classic chocolate chip oatmeal cookie uses coconut oil, hemp hearts, almonds and dark chocolate to give a healthier edge to this treat. The best part- they taste amazing!
Chocolate Chip and Almond Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, oats, hemp hearts and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir in almond slivers and chocolate chips.
- Form into 12 balls and space evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press down on each ball to flatten a bit. Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges begin turn a nice golden brown.