A great summertime meal! Flavourful, easy and healthy too!
Hawaiian Chicken Skewers with Honey-Soy Glaze
- For the skewers
2 large chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut in 1 inch cubes
1 red pepper, cut in 1 inch slices
1 green pepper, cut in 1 inch slices
1 red onion, cut in 1 inch slices
salt and pepper
- For the Glaze
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Whisk the glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- Assemble chicken cubes, pineapple, and vegetables, alternating between components throughout the length of the skewer. Salt and pepper them.
- Place skewers in a large ziploc bag or a large dish and pour in half of the glaze over them. Massage so that it coats all the skewers. Leave in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook skewers on the grill, flipping them on all sides to ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Brush on the remaining glaze before serving.