This Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon is the perfect appetizer dip for parties, potlucks and game days. This delicious dip is easy to make, loaded with cheesy goodness, and spicy (but not overwhelmingly spicy)!
If you are looking for an easy dip recipe that is loaded with cheesy goodness, you have come to the right place! This dip is easily a favorite with whoever tastes it.
I mean, what’s not to love about a creamy, cheese-loaded dip that is full of bacon and topped with panko breadcrumbs too? So good!
If you love jalapeno poppers as much as I do, you are going to love this dip. It takes all of those same flavors and then stirs them all in with bacon! So much yumminess and the recipe could not be simpler!
This Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon also has just the right amount of spice to keep your taste buds happy without making them weep for mercy.
As someone who can’t handle spice, if I can handle this heat, I am confident that you can too! The beauty of making it at home though is that you are in complete control of the ingredients so you can totally adjust that to your liking by using less jalapenos (or more if you want to be feel the fire)!
Whatever occasion you are whipping this dip up for, I am sure it will be a huge hit!
What ingredients do you need to make Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon?
- jalapenos: Of course you can’t make jalapeno popper dip without jalapenos! For this recipe, you will need fresh jalapenos but you could also sub in canned if you can’t find fresh. I use 5 fresh jalapenos for a spicy-but-not-too-spicy flavor. Feel free to adjust this number to suit your own heat tolerance.
- cream cheese: your cream cheese will need to be softened so that it blends well.
- Greek yogurt or mayonnaise: you can opt for either option or a combination of both. This adds another creamy element to the dip and makes the dip a little smoother and easier to scoop up.
- cheddar cheese: a sharp cheddar adds a nice flavor to the dip but any cheddar will do.
- bacon: finely chop bacon so that it mixes well into the dip and you get a little in each scoop. Reserve some bacon to sprinkle on top after it bakes as well!
- herbs and seasoning: chives, salt and pepper are mixed in to up the flavor! Reserve some chives to sprinkle on top after baking as well!
- panko bread crumbs, paprika and melted butter: these 3 are mixed together with a bit of salt and pepper to make a crunchy topping for the dip.
How to make Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
- Prep the jalapenos. Using food grade gloves, slice the jalapenos in half and using your finger or a butter knife, scoop out the seeds and ribs. Then dice the jalapenos into small pieces.
- Mix the dip ingredients together. In a bowl, mix together the diced jalapenos with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, 5 strips of chopped bacon, 1 tablespoon chives, and salt and pepper. Scoop the mixture into a baking dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients together. In a bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs, paprika, melted butter, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle the panko topping on top of the dip.
- Bake and enjoy! Bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with the reserved chives and bacon and serve after allowing it to cool for a few minutes.
Can you make jalapeno popper dip in advance?
You can certainly make this popper dip in advance! You can prep the entire dip the day before following the instructions in the recipe card. Instead of baking the dip, cover it with plastic wrap or foil and pop in the fridge. When you are ready to bake it, uncover the dip and bake it in the oven as directed, adding more time for baking to ensure it melts well.
If you are doing this, I recommend using a container that can handle the temperature change from the fridge to the hot oven such as a metal pie plate or similar.
How to serve jalapeno popper dip
This dip is best served warm. Once you take it out of the oven, allow it to cool for a few minutes so it doesn’t burn the roof of your and your guests’ mouths. You will want the dip to be warm though so it is easily scoopable!
I like to serve this dip with thick tortilla chips but you can also serve it with slices of baguette, pita chips, crackers, or fresh veggies (carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and broccoli are all good choices)!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Happy dipping!
Looking for more dip options? You may also like:
If you try and enjoy this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Leave a rating and/or comment below to let me know what you think!
Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
- 5 jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese 250g or 1 brick, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or mayonnaise (or a combination of both)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon fully cooked and finely chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons chives finely chopped, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using food grade gloves, slice the jalapenos in half and using your finger or a butter knife, scoop out the seeds and ribs. Dice the jalapenos into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the diced jalapenos with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, 5 strips of chopped bacon, 1 tablespoon chives, and salt and pepper. Scoop the mixture into a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs, paprika, melted butter, and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the panko topping on top of the dip. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the reserved chives and bacon and serve after allowing it to cool for a few minutes.