Healthy Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpea Croutons
This healthy Caesar Salad packs all the flavour you're used to without all the calories and fat of the traditional salad!
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos for gluten-free, garlic-free alternative)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- more Parmesan cheese (optional)
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
In a large bowl, toss lettuce with the dressing in order to coat evenly. Add the chickpea croutons and toss again.
Calories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 8gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 129mgPotassium: 447mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 9136IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 122mgIron: 2mg