This quick and easy recipe for dinner rolls produces the most delicious soft and fluffy rolls in just 45 minutes! Yes, 45 minutes! These buttery, herby dinner rolls are the perfect fast and easy recipe to go with your lunch and dinner dishes.
45 minutes. That’s all the time you need to make the most delicious buttery, herby dinner rolls! Sounds impossible right? But its not!
And once you’ve made this recipe for quick and easy dinner rolls and see just how delicious they are, I am sure you are going to be whipping these up any chance you get.
I mean, how can you beat a 45 minute recipe that results in warm, fluffy bread?
Freshly baked bread is irresistible and definitely worth making, but it is that much better when you don’t need to spend hours preparing it and letting it rise. With our busy schedule these days, there just isn’t time to do that. So I needed something quicker that I could whip up after a long work day. Something that doesn’t require a whole lot of effort either.
And voila! Here they are in all their glory. So after a long work day, enjoying buttery rosemary dinner rolls alongside a delicious dinner is totally doable!
I absolutely love these delicious rolls! They are warm, buttery and oh-so soft. And that wonderful aroma that wafts through the house when you pull these fresh, easy dinner rolls out of the oven is just heaven. It will surely bring everyone to the dinner table in no time at all!
Ingredients in easy dinner rolls
- Active dry yeast: we are making bread, after all!
- Warm milk: Adds more flavour and richness to the dough. It helps produce softer bread with a beautiful golden crust.
- Melted butter: Adds flavour to the bread dough. Also used to brush on top of rolls.
- Sugar: to feed the yeast
- Rosemary: can leave out or substitute with another herb like thyme
- All purpose flour
Can you make these easy dinner rolls dairy free?
If you aren’t able to have dairy, with a few substitutions you can have dairy-free rolls. The dairy in the original recipe comes from two sources: milk and butter. The milk in the recipe can be replaced with water instead. The butter can be replaced with oil. By switching out these two ingredients, you will have yourself dairy free dinner rolls!
Replacing the dairy does alter the texture and taste of these rolls but they will still be yummy!
Steps for making quick and easy dinner rolls
The full details are in the recipe card below but for the most part, this recipe for easy dinner rolls comes down to a few easy steps:
- Activate the yeast: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the yeast, warm milk, melted butter and sugar and stir together. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it is foamy.
- Add the remaining bread ingredients: Add the egg, rosemary, and salt and mix to combine everything. Slowly add the flour, 1 cup at a time until the a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough: Using the dough hook attachment, knead the dough on the stand mixer for 5 minutes until it is soft and elastic.
- Form the rolls, let them rise, and butter them up!: Form 12 dough balls. Arrange the balls of dough on a skillet, cover them and let them rise for 10 minutes. Brush the rolls with butter and add rosemary.
- Bake and butter some more!: Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Once out of the oven, brush the dinner rolls with more melted butter.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
You may also like:
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Homemade Crescent Rolls
Easy Dinner Rolls
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter melted + 2 tablespoons for brushing dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg whisked
- 2 tablespoons rosemary chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the yeast, warm milk, melted butter and sugar and stir together. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it is foamy.
- Add the egg, rosemary, and salt and mix to combine everything.
- Slowly add the flour, 1 cup at a time until the a soft dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Using the dough hook attachment, knead the dough on the stand mixer for 5 minutes until it is soft and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form it into a large ball. Divide the dough into 12 portions and roll out each portion into a ball.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly grease a skillet or baking pan and arrange the balls of dough in it. [The dinner rolls will expand while they bake so allow for some room in between the balls of dough.]
- Cover the dinner rolls with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise for 10 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in the remaining rosemary. Lightly brush the dinner rolls and then place them in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, brush the dinner rolls with the remaining melted butter.
Can you make these without having to use a stand mixer?
Yes, you can. You could just knead them by hand. 🙂
Ummmmm these are the best quick yeast rolls my family has ever had! The fact that you can make them while prepping and preparing the rest of your dinner and have it all ready at the same time was a game changer for an easy mid week dinner. Delicious; will be making all the time now!!
That makes me so happy to hear!