This is a sponsored post for Conestoga Farms Eggs. As always, the opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day in our home and since we are spending much more time at home these days, we are enjoying making delicious, hearty breakfasts that we can enjoy together.
While we do find ourselves with more time in the mornings, breakfasts doesn’t need to be difficult or intricate. It does need to be something my husband and I will both love and feel good about eating though. For us, that means making breakfasts from scratch with quality ingredients. That’s why I partnered with Conestoga Farms Eggs to bring this delicious, hearty breakfast for the whole family using their Organic Eggs. These eggs are laid by free range Ontario hens whose feed is not only organic but non-GMO as well.
So when ingredients are good, you are bound to have a great breakfast and these Sheet Pan Pancakes are an absolute hit in our home!
Sheet Pan Pancakes are a great way to make pancakes for the whole family all at once! No need to stand over the stove cooking pancakes 1 or 2 at a time. This one bowl recipe is so easy and fun to make!
Who doesn’t love a stack of pancakes in the morning? We certainly love them in our home! What is not to love about fluffy pancakes topped with berries and maple syrup. It is the ultimate breakfast for all sweet breakfast lovers out there!
That said, they are certainly a treat reserved for lazy mornings when we have lots of time. That doesn’t need to be the case though! These Sheet Pan Pancakes make mornings an absolute treat you can enjoy any day of the week. They whip up in one bowl, cook up all at once, and that leaves plenty of time to sit and enjoy this meal with your family!
You can have your pancake breakfast and eat it too…with lots of time to spare to snuggle your loved ones!
Why you should make Sheet Pan Pancakes
- They are fun to make with the family!
- They are super easy to do!
- You can cook up 12 pancakes all at once and you don’t even have to stand over the stove!
- These are perfect for family breakfasts and large brunch gatherings (for larger gatherings, double the recipe and cook up 2 sheet pans at once in the same amount of time!)
- They are made from scratch with ingredients you can feel good about serving to your loved ones!
- They are easily customizable and can be made plain or with whatever mix-ins you desire.
- They’re delicious!
How to make Sheet Pan Pancakes
Of all of the pancake recipes out there, this one is truly the easiest one I have ever made! It involves just a few simple steps:
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt).
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract).
- Mix it all together.
- Spread the batter onto a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with fresh berries.
- Bake it!
Sheet Pan Pancakes Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to line your sheet pan with parchment paper or to grease it well to prevent sticking.
- Mix the batter until incorporated and then stop. As with pretty much all baking recipes, overmixing your batter will ruin the end result. I mix until everything is fully incorporated and then let it be.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice your pancakes. Sure, you can absolutely use a knife to slice up your pancakes but a pizza cutter is the easiest way, I think! And also, maybe a bit more fun too! Ha!
- The easiest way to spread the batter onto the sheet pan is with an offset spatula.
- Use buttermilk instead of regular milk to get the traditional buttermilk flavour!
- Swap in your favourite pancake mix-ins to customize the pancakes to your liking! [See below for mix-in ideas]
- Use different mix-ins in the same pan if your family likes different flavours. There is no need to use the same mix-in on the entire sheet pan. Feel free to divide the pan in half or quarters and let everyone choose their favourite mix-ins.
Sheet Pan Pancakes Mix-Ins
The recipe I included in this post uses fresh berries as the mix-in but you are absolutely free to change things up and add your own favourite pancake mix-ins. We have made these so many different ways and while you are not limited to the list below, I am sharing some of our personal favourite mix-ins:
- chocolate chips
- raspberries and white chocolate chips
- sliced peaches
- thinly sliced apples (I also recommend sprinkling in some cinnamon to the batter too)
- sliced bananas
- Peanut butter chips and bananas!
- Peanut butter and jam (add small dollops of both to the sheet pan batter and use a toothpick or butter knife to swirl them around) [Tip: melt the peanut butter a bit my microwaving it for a few seconds to help it spread more easily)
- Nutella (add small dollops and swirl around with a toothpick or butter knife)
How to store leftover pancakes
This recipe makes a lot- 12 pancakes! While its tempting for us to eat them all up, since its only my hubby and I, we tend to have leftovers which is just fine by me! To store leftovers, place the cooled pancakes in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. They can be stored this way for a few days. Simply warm them up when you want them and enjoy!
Can you freeze pancakes?
Yes you can! Leftover pancakes are perfect for freezing. Once they are cooled, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. Separate pancakes with pieces of parchment paper to ensure they don’t stick together.
I hope you enjoy this super easy method of making pancakes!
You may also like:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you try it and love it as much as I do, I would love to hear about it! Leave a rating and/or comment below to let me know!
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or grease it with oil or butter).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the milk, eggs and butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the batter with sliced strawberries and blueberries and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve!