Bacon and eggs on a deliciously herbed Greek yogurt pizza crust! This breakfast pizza takes just half an hour to make and that includes making the crust from scratch! Yup, you read that right!
What is better than having pizza for breakfast? While I have never been a stranger to eating leftover pizza for brekkie the next morning, this pizza is made specifically for breakfast. With all my favourite breakfast foods on top! Bacon and eggs on a delicious herbed pizza crust made from Greek yogurt! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Breakfast Pizza in Less time than Delivery!
Making this pizza takes less time than I typically wait for a delivery. Not that I have ever had the option to order a pizza like this ever before! The process is really easy and the result is absolutely delicious!
A simple herbed pizza crust
Making a yogurt pizza dough is really simple. To begin, I mix all my dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, dried herbs, and salt are all placed in a bowl and mixed together. You can use any dried herbs you like but I tend to do a blend of oregano and basil. They are probably my favourite and most used herbs in my kitchen. Its in my Mediterranean blood, I guess. I then add the yogurt. You can use any yogurt you like but I prefer adding plain Greek yogurt. Its higher and protein and I always have some on hand.
Once I have mixed all the ingredients, the dough comes together well but is a bit sticky. I then transfer the dough to a floured surface and lightly knead it for about 30 seconds. After shaping it into a ball, I use a rolling pin to roll it into a 1/4″ thick circle. Then I transfer it to my parchment lined baking sheet.
While you can easily adjust the toppings to your liking, I like to start by adding some spinach to the crust. I then top it with mozzerella and pop it in the oven for 12 minutes for an initial bake. This is essential as the dough needs more baking time than the eggs do so partially baking the crust is important to ensure everything is perfectly cooked.
The finishing touches!
While the dough is baking, I prepare the rest of my toppings. I chop my tomatoes and fry the bacon up until it is cooked but not crispy. Be careful not to overcook the bacon as it will be going back into the oven to finish off with the eggs in the next step. I then chop the bacon into smaller pieces.
Once the pizza has been cooking for 12 minutes, I pull it out of the oven and top it with the eggs, bacon and tomatoes. I place one egg in each quarter of the pizza and then sprinkle the tomatoes and bacon around the eggs. Then back in the oven for 10 more minutes! The pizza is then ready to go! The crust is perfectly cooked and golden brown and the eggs are set with a slighly runny yolk. A quick sprinkle of parsley (optional but I love herbs, obviously!) and everyone is ready to dig in!
It really is a delicious way to start the day and not very difficult at all. Bon appetit!
For other delicious breakfast ideas check out:
Tomato and Egg Breakfast Tarts
For the Greek yogurt herbed pizza crust
- 1 1/4 cup flour + more to roll out
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (oregano, basil, or thyme)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or any plain, unsweetened yogurt)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 strips bacon
- 4 -6 eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the pizza dough, mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the yogurt and use a wooden spoon to mix well. The dough will be shaggy and sticky. Transfer to a well floured surface and sprinkle with some flour. Fold the dough in on itself a few times and then form into a ball. Place the ball onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and pressing down with your hands, shape it into a circle about 1/4″ thick.
- Spread the baby spinach onto the dough, leaving 1/4″ border around the circle. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, heat a frying pan on the stove and cook the bacon strips until they are cooked through but not yet crispy. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into smaller pieces.
- After baking the pizza dough for 12 minutes, remove it from the oven and carefully crack an egg into each quarter of the pizza. Place pieces of bacon and chopped tomatoes around the eggs. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown and the egg whites have set. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.