This simple Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry is an easy, flavourful dinner that comes together in under half an hour! Tender chicken thighs, fresh veggies, noodles and a delicious homemade sauce come together to make a super satisfying meal!
The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity. If you are staring into your fridge, wondering what to do with that chicken you bought, you are more likely able to just whip this dish up! It is so easy to put together with things you have on hand at home.
Easy and Healthy Switch Ups
Anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for noodles! They are the way to my heart and so its not surprising that I incorporated them into this stir-fry dish! If you prefer to switch things up, read below for some alternative ideas including healthier swap outs for the noodles. For me, though, noodles are where its at!
If noodles aren’t your preference in this Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry, you could very easily swap them out for rice or a healthier alternative like cauliflower rice or zoodles!
If you are serving this with rice (regular or cauliflower), I recommend making the chicken, veggies and sauce as outlined in the recipe and spooning it over rice.
As for the noodles themselves. They are definitely my preference. I have used all types of noodles here and they all work well. If you have ramen noodles, soba noodles, or chow mein noodles, those are definitely great choices. As I don’t always have those noodles on hand, I often toss in spaghetti instead and it gets the job done!
What Vegetables can you use in this stir-fry?
There are so many options that work well in stir-fry’s, you really have so many options! Feel free to swap in any veggies you love or happen to have on hand. In most cases, they work well in here. Keep in mind though that if you are adding veggies with different cooking times, you may need to add them in at different points in the cooking process. My favourite veggies for stir-fry include:
- snap peas
- snow peas
- green beans
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
You may also like:
Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry
- 350 g noodles of choice (chow mein, soba or spaghetti work well)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into cubes
- 2 cups vegetables sliced (red, yellow or green peppers, snap peas, carrots, onions, broccoli)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sesame seeds (optional for serving)
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet or wok and add the chicken. Cook, flipping them often until they are cooked through. Add the vegetables and cook for a couple minutes.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix 1 cup of water with the cornstarch. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger and mix everything together until the mixture begins to thicken. If it does not thicken within a few minutes, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water in a cup and then add to the chicken.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss everything together until well coated. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds if desired.
Note: Metric ingredient measurements are provided as a courtesy using a third-party calculator and are rounded to the nearest unit. The recipes provided on this site have not been tested with metric measurements and their accuracy cannot be verified.
The nutritional information provided is based on third-party calculations and is an estimate only. Accurate nutritional facts will vary based on the particular brands used, portion sizes, measurement accuracy and more.