Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup is made with ingredients like ginger, turmeric, lime and, of course, carrots. This anti-inflammatory soup is packed with nutrients and good flavour!
Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup is easily one of our favourite soups to enjoy year round in our house! My husband and I make it at least once a month if not more than that! It is incredibly easy to make with ingredients that are easy to find in your grocery store no matter the season. We often have everything on hand and so it is easy to decide to whip it up on a whim!
Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup: Healthy Benefits and Dietary Restrictions
There are a number of reasons we love this soup. In addition to it being just so delicious, it is also so healthy! Carrots boost a number of health benefits due to the beta carotene, fibre, vitamins, and antioxidants they pack. Additionally, this soup includes onions, coconut milk, ginger, turmeric and lime which only increase the nutritional value of this soup! In the end, you are left with a flavourful soup that you can feel good about eating!
Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup is Vegan and Gluten-free!
This soup is vegan and gluten-free as is. No need to make any substitutions! While I am not vegan, my husband and I love to include vegan and vegetarian options into our diets regularly and limit our consumption of animal products. Soups like this one are always one of our favourite ways to enjoy ‘Meatless Monday’!
Low FODMAP Diet
The soup can also be made low-FODMAP by simply leaving out the onions in the recipe. Onions are high FODMAP but all of the remaining ingredients work well on a low-FODMAP diet. Excluding them from the recipe doesn’t alter the taste and you are still left with a flavourful, delicious soup! While undergoing this diet a few years ago, this was one of my favourite recipes to make!
You may also like:
Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup
- 2 lb carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped for garnish
- Place olive oil, onions and ginger in a large pot and saute on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add carrots, coconut milk, broth, and turmeric. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until carrots are soft. Cook time will depend on the thickness of your carrots. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place soup into a food processor or blender. In batches, puree soup and then return to pot.
- Stir in lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste. Warm on medium heat.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro and chili flakes (optional).