This deliciously creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta dish uses a sun-dried tomato sauce that is bursting with flavour! Served over whole wheat pasta, this dish makes for a great weeknight dinner!
I love quick, delicious dinner recipes and the recipe I am sharing with you today is definitely one of them!
This sun-dried tomato pasta dish requires only 20 minutes form start to finish! And only about 5 of those minutes are hands-on! So in the time it takes to boil your pasta, you can have a simple dinner the whole family will eat up!
You can make this easily using a jarred, store-bought pesto sauce, but it is super easy to make a homemade version of Sun-dried Tomato Pesto too. Even if you make it homemade, you can still likely get the whole meal put together in the time your pasta boils!
Ingredients needed for Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- Salt and pepper
How to make Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
This dish comes together in 3 simple steps!
- Cook your pasta: Follow package directions.
- Prepare the pesto sauce: Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add flour and stir to create a roux. Add the milk and continue stirring until it begins to thicken. Stir in the sundried tomato pesto.
- Toss it together: Drain pasta and add into the pot with the pesto. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil.
That’s it! Super easy right?
Variations and add-ins
As served, this makes a great vegetarian dish, but you can easily add protein to this pasta to make it a more substantial and complete meal. My favourite add-ins:
- Grilled chicken
- Sauteed shrimp
- Seared scallops
- Ground turkey, pork, or sausage (Cook it in a pan and then add it at the final step to toss together)
Serve it up with a fresh side salad and enjoy!
You may also like:
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 450 g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- salt and pepper
- basil, sliced thinly
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add flour and stir to create a roux. Add the milk and continue stirring until it begins to thicken. Stir in the sundried tomato pesto.
- Drain pasta and add into the pot. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil.