This healthier version of a traditional lemon blueberry bread uses Greek yogurt and coconut oil in place of butter and honey instead of refined sugar. The bread comes out moist and flavourful but not overly sweet.
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup +2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, honey, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk together.
- Add baking powder and flour and mix to combine. Toss blueberries in a tablespoon of flour and add to mixture.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.