This healthy lemon blueberry bread uses Greek yogurt and coconut oil in place of butter and honey instead of refined sugar. The bread comes out moist and flavourful but not overly sweet.
Blueberries are a staple around here and there is no better way to eat them then when they are baked into something delicious!
This healthy lemon blueberry bread is one of the ways we love to enjoy blueberries. And since it is made with healthy ingredients, going in for that second slice feels more justified. Not that it would stop me anyways. Ha!
If you loved baked blueberry treats as much as we do, you are sure to love this quick bread recipe! It’s super easy to make and produces a moist, flavourful bread that is bursting with blueberries! Add a little lemony zing and it is sure to please your taste buds!
I mean, look at all those burst blueberries! So delicious and so pretty too!
Why you should make Ingredients in Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- It’s delicious!
- It is loaded with fresh blueberries and lemon (you can also use frozen berries)
- it’s made with healthy, easy to find ingredients
- it’s sweet, but not overly sweet
- the Greek yogurt makes it super moist
Ingredients in Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Flour (all purpose or whole wheat pastry flour works best)
- Baking powder
- Greek yogurt
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon zest and lemon juice
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
How to make this healthy quick bread recipe
The full details are in the blog but essentially, this recipe comes down to a few simple steps:
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, add yogurt, honey, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries. Toss blueberries in a tablespoon of flour and add to mixture. Fold them in.
- Bake and enjoy! Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
You may also like:
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup +2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, honey, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. Toss blueberries in a tablespoon of flour and add to mixture. Gently fold them in.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.