This homemade hummus recipe is fresh, flavourful and so easy to make! Why buy store-bought hummus when you can whip up a creamy hummus at home in just minutes!
I love a good dip! They are so fun to eat, aren’t they? Of all the dips, hummus seems to be one of our most frequent go-to recipes. Its healthy, easy to make, and we almost always have everything we need on hand. The only thing that stands between us and hummus is 10 minutes.
It is quite possibly the easiest recipe you can tackle. No cooking required. No chopping. Really, hardly any skill required. The food processor does it all! Thank goodness for food processors!
While making hummus is pretty much a no-brainer, there are a few tips that have helped me make the creamiest, tastiest hummus ever! It is one of my most requested dip recipes to date.
Tips for making an ultra smooth, delicious hummus
There a few things that help this hummus be so darn good! If you follow these 3 tips, you are sure to make a fluffy, delicious dip!
- Good quality ingredients! This is where you want to use your best quality olive oil and tahini. Because the recipe is so simple in ingredients, each of the ingredients plays an important roll in bringing on the best, fresh taste. Don’t skimp out here!
- Remove the skins of the chickpeas. This step is entirely optional and, to be honest, a bit tideous. But its something I always do because it does make a difference in how smooth the end result is. I usually enlist the help of my hubby here to speed up the process and we just pinch the chickpeas between our fingers (kind of like you are snapping your fingers lightly) and the skins slide right off.
- Whip it good! The key to a fluffy, smooth dip is letting the food processor work it real good! While it may look like the hummus has come together in under a minute, let the food processor continue to process it for several minutes. It will aerate the dip and make it so much better!
You may also like:
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove miced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (+more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-5 tablespoons water
- Add all of the ingredients except for the water in a food processor. Process together for one minute.
- Add a couple tablespoons of water and puree for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and if the mixture is too thick, add more water. Puree for 3 minutes to ensure it is smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.