This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a light, fresh snack. Easy to make, healthy and so much better than store-bought hummus!
This super easy hummus recipe is easy to make and so healthy! We love hummus around here but roasted red pepper hummus is my absolute favourite! I love roasted red peppers and the flavour they add to a regular hummus is unbeatable!
It makes such a great healthy snack and is a great way to make sure I eat my veggies. Veggies taste so much better when they are dipped in something delicious, right?
I could easily polish off an entire veggie platter this way!
This recipe is super easy too and I make it using jarred peppers so it doesn’t take long at all. You could, of course, roast your own red peppers. It would probably taste that much better but, in all honesty, I am perfectly happy with this shortcut and it is so flavourful and delicious I don’t feel like it needs anything more to be great!
That said, I am sharing my tips for ensuring a super smooth dip below!
Tips for making an ultra smooth roasted red pepper hummus
There a few things that help this hummus be so darn good! If you follow these 3 tips, you are sure to make a fluffy, delicious dip!
- Good quality ingredients! This is where you want to use your best quality olive oil and tahini. Because the recipe is so simple in ingredients, each of the ingredients plays an important roll in bringing on the best, fresh taste. Don’t skimp out here!
- Remove the skins of the chickpeas. This step is entirely optional and, to be honest, a bit tideous. But its something I always do because it does make a difference in how smooth the end result is. I usually enlist the help of my hubby here to speed up the process and we just pinch the chickpeas between our fingers (kind of like you are snapping your fingers lightly) and the skins slide right off.
- Whip it good! The key to a fluffy, smooth dip is letting the food processor work it real good! While it may look like the hummus has come together in under a minute, let the food processor continue to process it for several minutes. It will aerate the dip and make it so much better!
Hope you try it and love it as much as we do! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red pepper (homemade or from a jar)
- 1 garlic clove minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (+more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-5 tablespoons water
- Add all of the ingredients except for the water in a food processor. Process together for one minute.
- Add a couple tablespoons of water and puree for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and if the mixture is too thick, add more water. Puree for 3 minutes to ensure it is smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.