Freshly squeezed lemon juice brings a bright, fresh taste to this well-balanced Lemon Vinaigrette. It is a perfect balance between tart and sweet and incredibly easy to make!
In light of what is happening in the world around us, I am focused on our health and making sure we are eating immune-boosting foods daily. Also trying to balance this and our desire to eat comforting foods because, stress!
We are eating quite a bit of salads and sauteed greens, so I thought I would share with you my basic lemon vinaigrette recipe. I have a jar of this in my fridge, ready for daily use. The recipe below lasts us a few days (for a few salads) although this will depend on how many mouths you are feeding.
Lemons, like other citrus fruits, are great sources of vitamin C. Vitamin C aids our bodies in a number of functions, including giving our immune system a helping hand. That’s on the top of my mind these days.
Making this vinaigrette is pretty easy. Simply add all of the ingredients in a jar with a secure lid and shake until it emulsifies. You will know its emulsified when all of the ingredients have become one and you can no longer see distinct layers.
As it sits in the fridge, the ingredients may begin to separate again, so just give it a good shake before you are ready to use it.
Tips for variations of this Lemon Vinaigrette
There are a few things you can do to switch things up with this vinaigrette.
- add poppy seeds to the dressing for a nice lemon poppy seed version!
- add a tiny bit of ginger to make this a lemon ginger version. Ginger also offers a number of health benefits!
You may also like:
Orange Pomegranate Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
Roasted Butternut Squash, Pomegranate and Arugula Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a secure lid. Shake until the dressing is emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings to suit personal preference.
- Store in the fridge and shake well before use. It can be stored for a few days.