This Orange Pomegranate Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing is a fresh, delicious salad that is loaded with citrus flavour. It’s easy to make, full of fresh flavour and it makes the perfect side salad!
Orange Pomegranate Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing has become one of my favourite salads to make lately! This fresh tasting, citrusy salad is packed with nutrient-rich ingredients. The salad tastes so bright and light! After all the heavy meals we have been enjoying over the holidays, I have been craving something refreshing and this is just the ticket!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- I am a sucker for a salad loaded with toppings! Oranges are perfect this time of year and I love to pair them with slightly sour fruit like cranberries or pomegranate seeds. In this case, I chose pomegranate seeds. I love them so much and am always sure to pick some up on every grocery trip this time of year! I added almonds for protein and crunch too but if you are unable to enjoy nuts, you could substitute pumpkin seeds instead if you like.
This salad couldn’t be easier to make either!
How to make Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
This entire salad is super easy to make, including the dressing! To make the dressing, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Poppy seeds
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
I simply place all the ingredients into a jar with a secure lid. Then I shake until everything is well combined into one delicious dressing. Taste your dressing and adjust it as needed.
Assembling the Orange Pomegranate Salad
Assembling the salad is easy. Place everything in a large salad bowl and toss with the dressing! I like to reserve some of the orange segments to place on top after I have tossed it. As they are a bit heavier than the other ingredients, they tend to settle on the bottom of the salad. Alternatively, you could just pick them back out and place them on top for a nice presentation.
This Orange Pomegranate Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing pairs well with most main dishes. You can serve it with a delicate white fish or a heavier pot roast and it works well in each scenario. You can also eat it as a light lunch. Which is what I did! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Orange Pomegranate Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
For the Salad
- 4 cups salad greens (spring salad mix, arugula, or whatever you prefer)
- 2 oranges peeled and cut into segments
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup almond slices
For the Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by washing and preparing all of your salad ingredients so they are ready for assembly.
- Place all the salad dressing ingredients into a jar with a secure lid and shake until they are well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Reserve some orange segments and set them aside. Place the salad greens, the remaining orange segments, almond slices and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl and drizzle with the salad dressing. Top with the reserved orange segments and serve.