This Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner is a complete meal made in one pan! This flavourful dish is simple to put together on a busy weeknight and incredibly easy to clean up!
I don’t know about you, but after a long day at work the last thing I want to do is make a big fuss in the kitchen trying to get something on the table! Easy weeknight meals are a life saver around here. Our slow cooker and pressure cooker come in handy for this but I absolutely love a good sheet pan dinner! Not only is it easy to put together, but you really can’t beat the clean up!
Ingredient Swaps for Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner
This Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner is incredibly easy to make. With just 15 minutes of prep time needed you can have dinner in the oven. The sausages and potatoes need a good hour to roast in the oven but if you want to cut down the cooking time, their are a few things you can do.
Slice and dice your Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner!
One option is to cut your potatoes into smaller pieces and to slice the sausages. Cutting everything into small pieces can decrease your cooking time dramatically!
In this recipe I use yellow potatoes. I like yellow potatoes for their flavour but also for their thin skin. I don’t peel the potatoes which helps in decreasing the prep time. You can easily swap in a different potato though. Keep in mind that you may have to peel your potatoes if you are using a potato with a thicker skin.
I have also swapped in sweet potatoes which I am obsessed with! Sweet potatoes cook a bit faster so I usually slice the sausage as well so it cooks quicker too.
You can easily swap in different vegetables to suit your taste! Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots are some other options I have used before. I have even added apples too which add a nice, sweet flavour!
If you are adding in a veggie that cooks quicker, I recommend you don’t add it right away. Let the sausage and potatoes cook for a bit and then add your veggie part way through the cooking process so it doesn’t burn.
You may also like:
Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow potatoes sliced into wedges
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 green pepper sliced
- 2 medium onions sliced into wedges
- 4 sausages
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice potatoes, peppers and onions as mentioned above. Place onto the sheet pan and drizzle with oil. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and toss together to evenly coat everything.
- Spread out potatoes and vegetables evenly on sheet pan and place the sausages on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, flip potatoes, vegetables and sausages. Continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the potatoes are fork tender. If the sausage and potatoes don’t have much colour on them, broil on high for a couple of minutes, keeping a close eye on them to ensure they don’t burn.
Note: Metric ingredient measurements are provided as a courtesy using a third-party calculator and are rounded to the nearest unit. The recipes provided on this site have not been tested with metric measurements and their accuracy cannot be verified.
The nutritional information provided is based on third-party calculations and is an estimate only. Accurate nutritional facts will vary based on the particular brands used, portion sizes, measurement accuracy and more.