Blueberry, Prosciutto and Burrata Salad is the perfect side salad or even lunch salad. Fresh blueberries, salty prosciutto, and creamy burrata come together to create a beautiful, satisfying salad!
Salads loaded with lots of delicious toppings are my favourite kind of salads. Say goodbye to boring lettuce salads.
The salad I am sharing today takes salad greens to the next level with fresh fruit (blueberries), salty prosciutto and ultra creamy burrata. The combination of textures and flavours make this one heck of a salad, in my opinion!
Pretty much anything with burrata is instantly better, to be honest.
This salad makes a great side salad to go with a variety of meals but I often enjoy it as a lunch salad on its own too.
Ingredients in Blueberry, Prosciutto and Burrata Salad
Only a small number of ingredients are needed for this salad! To make it, you will need:
- Burrata cheese
- Slivered almonds
- Balsamic vinaigrette (or your favourite salad dressing)
Variations and substitutions
There are a lot of ways you can play around with this salad to make it different each time or use up what you have on hand. I’ve included some of my favourite substitutions:
- For the blueberries: You can easily substitute a different berry like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or even other fruit like peaches.
- Instead of the prosciutto: My favourite substitution for this is cooked, crispy bacon!
- For the slivered almonds: I like the almonds for a crunchy element but you can omit them altogether to keep this nut-free or sub a seed like pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds instead.
- For the burrata: Nothing beats the creamy texture of burrata but if you can’t get your hands on any, feta or goat cheese work well with these flavours too.
- Salad dressing: I like a simple balsamic vinaigrette (recipe in the recipe card below) but any dressing you like can be used for this salad.
I hope you enjoy this salad!
You may also like these other salads:
Blueberry, Prosciutto and Burrata Salad
For the salad
- 4 cups lettuce
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 slices prosciutto cut in half
- 150 g burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and sprinkle of salt and pepper in a jar with a secure lid and shake until well blended.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and toss with the balsamic vinaigrette. Top with blueberries, prosciutto, slivered almonds. Gently tear burrata into smaller pieces and place on top of salad.