Whether you’re making them for dinner, snacks or appetizers, these Baked Chicken Taquitos are simply perfect! I made these using leftover rotisserie chicken so making them was quick and easy!
We love to make or even buy a rotisserie chicken for dinner in this house! It’s delicious, easy, healthy and with only two of us eating, it can be stretched out to make multiple meals!
I especially love to have leftover chicken! There are so many things you can do with leftover chicken. The possibilities are endless! In the past, I have shared some of those recipes including Chicken Pot Pie (one of our absolute favourites), Chicken Noodle Casserole (so creamy and satisfying), and The Easiest Pulled Chicken Tacos (who doesn’t love a taco?)
I am so happy to share with you another favourite in our home. These baked chicken taquitos are a hit with us and with our guests. I have made them with larger tortillas for our dinners but also with mini tortillas as an app for parties.
I am always down for a taquito or anything taco-related but the fact that these are baked and not fried makes them especially appealing to me. We are always trying to make healthier choices and being able to make this simple change makes a world of difference in the quality of food we are putting into our bodies without compromising flavour.
The taquitos come out of the oven crispy on the outside giving that satisfying crunch. The chicken mixture is creamy and flavourful. The beauty of making these at home is that you can adjust the heat level (chili powder) to suit your own tastes.
I highly recommend the gorgeous toppings you see in my picture. Fresh cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado add a nice freshness to the dish that really makes it oh so good!
You may also like:
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 16 mini tortillas
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil (or oil of choice)
- additional shredded cheese
- lettuce, finely chopped
- tomatoes, diced
- queso fresco, crumbled
- avocados, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine shredded chicken with the spices, cheeses, and lime juice until well combined.
- Spoon a heaping spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center of a mini tortilla and roll tortilla (like a burrito but leave the ends open). Use toothpicks to prevent taquitos from unrolling and arrange onto the baking tray. I used 2 toothpicks for each taquito.
- Brush with oil and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until they begin to brown on the edges and crisp up. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes. Remove the toothpicks. Serve on their own or top with your favourite toppings.
Pingback: Mini Quiche - Herbs & Flour