This homemade Queso Blanco Dip is so easy to make at home with real cheese! Wonderfully creamy and so delicious, you won’t ever buy the jarred stuff again!
Does anyone else get super excited when they see a melty cheese dip? It is waaay better than salsa, in my opinion. I mean, cheese. How can you beat cheese? You can’t. But when that melty cheese has some salsa elements mixed in? You’ve hit the jackpot of dips!
This delicious dip is so easy to make, you won’t ever feel the need to order it from restaurants or buy the jarred version over again. I love being able to replicate this at home without preservatives or processed cheeses. Real ingredients. Real food. Great taste! You really can’t beat it!
What is Queso Blanco Dip?
Queso Blanco translates to white cheese. It can mean any white cheese really so long as it meets those requirements. Therefore, Queso Blanco Dip is really just a dip made with white cheese.
What cheese can I use?
To make this dish, you can use any white melty cheese that you like and have on hand. I often use gouda, monterey jack or Jarlsberg for this dip but you can sub in your favourite.
Use freshly grated cheese for the best results.
While it may be tempting to use a pre-shredded cheese, I don’t recommend it. Pre-shredded cheeses are covered in a coating that alters the texture of the dish and makes it a bit grainy. The smoothest results come from cheese you’ve grated yourself. If you aren’t too worried about it though, go ahead and use pre-shredded.
How do I serve Queso Blanco Dip?
My favourite way to enjoy this dip is with a bag of tortilla chips. The way its meant to be enjoyed! But you may want to enjoy this yumminess in other ways too. Because any excuse to make this dish is a good one, really.
Other ways to enjoy this dip:
- drizzled on top of tacos or fajitas
- poured over a burger (forget melting sliced cheese and go straight to this melty gem!)
- as a dip for veggies or crackers
- drizzled on top of roasted veggies
- as a dip for french fries
- drizzled over baked potatoes
There are probably hundreds more ways to enjoy this dip! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Queso Blanco Dip
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon jalapeno diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 cup cheese shredded (any melty white cheese such as Gouda, Jarlsberg, Monterey Jack)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes + 1 tablespoon to sprinkle on top
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of milk until the cornstarch dissolves and creates a slurry.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add the jalapeno and corn and saute for a minute. Remove 2 tablespoons of the mixture and reserve to sprinkle on top later.
- Sprinkle the jalapeno and corn in the saucepan with the flour and cumin. Add the remaining milk and cornstarch slurry to the saucepan and whisk together for 1 minute. Add the shredded cheese and continue to whisk until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Season with salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with the reserved jalapeno, corn and tomatoes. Serve hot.