This simple Shrimp and Avocado salad makes the perfect lunch! Tossed in a delicious, healthy creamy dill dressing made with Greek yogurt, this dish is packed with nutrients!
It’s shorts and tanks season and that means salads are on heavy rotation around here as I contemplate my meal choices over this quarantine. Yikes! Did anyone else indulge just a little too much as a result of this pandemic? I hope I am no the only one!
Our garden is already producing lots of goodies for us and we have so much lettuce to use up! Which is good, because i’m trying to avoid heavy dishes and light, summery dishes are exactly what I need!
This Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing is my new favourite lunch salad. Its a complete light meal all in itself and packed with nutrients.
Healthy fats, plenty of protein from shrimp and Greek yogurt and nutrient-packed veggies. There is so much to feel good about! And to top it all off, it tastes delicious!
How to make Shrimp and Avocado Salad
To make this salad, you will need:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups green lettuce, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- salt and pepper
For the Creamy Dill Dressing, you will need:
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Making this salad is easy to do and takes only minutes!
To start, I heat the oil in a pan and add the shrimp. I cook the shrimp for a couple minutes on each side until they are pink and cooked through. Then I add them and all of the salad ingredients into a bowl.
In a small bowl, I add the dressing ingredients and whisk them together. I pour as much dressing as needed and toss everything to ensure it is all well coated. That is it!
Seriously simple and incredibly delicious!
Hope you enjoy this perfect summer salad!
You may also like:
Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cups green lettuce, chopped
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 avocados, diced
salt and pepper
- For the Creamy Dill Dressing
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add the shrimp. Cook shrimp for a few minutes on each side, or until they are pink and cooked through.
- In a large salad bowl, add the lettuce, shrimp, avocado, and radishes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together. Pour as much dressing as desired over the salad ingredients and toss everything to coat it. Serve.