This fresh and healthy Mixed Berry Arugula Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette is delicious and easy to make! It’s perfect for lunch and summer BBQ’s!
The sun is shining, its hot outside and we are dining al fresco again tonight! We’ve been getting good use of our grill this year and tonight, chicken legs are on the menu. With this Mixed Berry Arugula Salad which I cannot get enough of!
I am all about a fresh summer salad and one that consists of berries and arugula is high up on the list! Is there a more summery salad, I ask ya? I think not!
This salad is made with 4 berries: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. The nutritional value is though the roof, you guys! And so is the flavour!
Not only are there 4 berries in this salad, but it is also drizzled with a raspberry vinaigrette! I won’t bore you with the health benefits of all of the components of this dish but suffice it to say, you are doing your body good with this one! And your taste buds won’t object either!
How to make Mixed Berry Arugula Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
This salad is truly easy to make. You will need the following ingredients:
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- raspberry vinaigrette
To make the salad, you add the arugula, berries and almonds to a bowl and drizzle it with fresh raspberry vinaigrette. Toss to coat evenly and serve! That’s it!
You can use a bottled dressing if you want, but I highly recommend making your own. My recipe for raspberry vinaigrette is so simple to make and flavourful! It is dairy-free and so much better than anything out of a bottle!
Tips for making Mixed Berry Arugula Salad
- This recipe uses 4 different types of berries but you are free to leave a berry out or swap another one in if that suits your better! You can also add in fruits like clementines or avocados too to change things up a bit!
- Feel free to leave out the almonds to keep this nut-free. If you are a nut lover, you can also use different nuts like pecans or walnuts too. I made this once with candied pecans and it was so darn good!
- This recipe is dairy-free and vegan but if you aren’t on a restricted diet, you can add cheese to this as well. Crumbled goat cheese is a good addition here!
- You can prepare this salad ahead of time but just don’t add the vinaigrette until you are ready to serve. If I am serving this at a party, I place the arugula, berries and almonds in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Then, before serving, I unwrap it and toss it with the vinaigrette. Definitely helpful to have it ready to go for dinner parties!
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we do! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Mixed Berry Salad
6 cups arugula
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Place the arugula, berries, and almonds in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Serve.