This dark chocolate bark is made with ingredients that are good for you, so you don’t have to feel bad about inThis dark chocolate bark is made with ingredients that are good for you, so you can feel good about indulging a bit on this one! Feel free to play around with the ingredients! Use more or less of one seed or omit it all together. Just have fun and make it to your liking!
Dark Chocolate Seed Bark
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almonds slivers
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil and add quinoa. Toast for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add all the other ingredients, except for the chocolate and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour seed mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread into a thin layer. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes or until the outer edges begin to turn a golden brown.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and warm 30 seconds at a time until all the chocolate is melted. Be sure to stir in between each 30 second interval. Pour on top of the seed mixture and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. You may wish to sprinkle the bark with additional seeds or almond slivers or you can leave it as is.
- Allow to cool. To speed up the process, you can place it in the refrigerator for 40 minutes or in the freezer for 20 minutes (make sure the baking pan is no longer hot when you do this).
- When cool, cut into pieces or break it up with you hands. Enjoy!