Healthy Dark Chocolate Waffles are my way of having chocolate for breakfast without the guilt! Easy to mix up in one bowl (hooray for easy clean up!) and so yummy sprinkled with powdered sugar, a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh berries!
You really can’t beat chocolate for breakfast, can you? Normally, I am not one for a sweet breakfast, preferring savory above all. But on special occasions, a sweet treat is needed. And this one which includes chocolate is irresistible!
The best part? These waffles are healthy! Yup, healthy! Made with wholesome ingredients and with no refined sugar. That means, I can eat chocolate for breakfast without feeling guilty about it. And no-guilt chocolate waffles means I can make them more often, right? I’m going to go with yes.
What you’ll need to make Healthy Dark Chocolate Waffles
To make these easy to make waffles, you will need:
- flour (oat, whole wheat or all-purpose)
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- Greek yogurt
- coconut oil, melted
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
To make these waffles, all you have to do is mix everything together in a bowl. That’s it! Batter is done! Scoop the batter into your waffle iron and let it do its magic. Before you know it, you have delicious chocolate waffles!
I like to top my healthy dark chocolate waffles with powdered sugar and then drizzle them with maple syrup. YUM! Add fresh berries and you have a pretty darn special breakfast!
Hope you give these a try and love them as much as I do!
You may also like:
Healthy Oat Waffles
Healthy Banana Nut Waffles
Healthy Dark Chocolate Waffles
- 2 cups flour (oat, whole wheat or all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Add the eggs, milk, Greek yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir to combine everything.
- Scoop batter into waffle maker, following your devices recommendations for amount needed and cook according to manufacturers instructions.