This delicious soup is packed with healthy nutrients and flavour! Parsnips, carrots, onion and an apple are roasted to make this creamy, cozy soup extra delicious! The soup is vegan and gluten-free too!
Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup
- 5 carrots chopped
- 3 parsnips chopped
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 onion quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or Sour cream or Greek yogurt if not vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss chopped parsnips, carrots, apple and onion with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted produce to a soup pot and add the vegetable broth, cumin, bay leaf, turmeric and salt and pepper. Boil for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before blending. Remove bay leaf.
- Blend the soup in a blender or food processor in batches. Return to pot. Stir in coconut milk (or sour cream or Greek yogurt). Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Add the maple syrup now if desired. Serve.