This delicious Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup is packed with healthy nutrients and flavour! Parsnips, carrots, onion and an apple are roasted to make this creamy, cozy soup extra delicious! The soup is vegan and gluten-free too!
I love creamy soups and the soup I am sharing with you today is no exception. It is loaded with fresh, pureed veggies which gives it loads of flavour too!
The best part? It is super easy to make!
It takes less than an hour to make and most of that time is just letting it all roast in the oven and then simmer away on the stove.
While skipping the roasting would cut down on the time, this extra step is so worth it! You cannot beat the flavour of roasted veggies as they cook and their natural sugars caramelize in the process. SO GOOD!
Another reason you should make this soup asap? It is loaded with so many good-for-you ingredients that you are nourishing your body as the warm soup nourishes your soul!
Ingredients in Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup
- olive oil
- vegetable broth
- bay leaf
- maple syrup (optional)
- salt and pepper
- coconut milk (or Sour cream or Greek yogurt if not vegan)
How to make Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup
The full details for the recipe are in the recipe card below, but essentially the process comes down to a few simple steps:
- Roast the veggies. Toss chopped parsnips, carrots, apple and onion with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Boil them in a flavourful broth. Transfer the roasted produce to a soup pot and add the vegetable broth, cumin, bay leaf, turmeric and salt and pepper. Boil for approximately 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup! Remove the bay leaf and let the soup cool until it is safe enough to puree. Then puree until its smooth!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
If you enjoy pureed soup as much as I do, you may also like:
Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup
- 5 carrots chopped
- 3 parsnips chopped
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 onion quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or Sour cream or Greek yogurt if not vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss chopped parsnips, carrots, apple and onion with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted produce to a soup pot and add the vegetable broth, cumin, bay leaf, turmeric and salt and pepper. Boil for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before blending. Remove bay leaf.
- Blend the soup in a blender or food processor in batches. Return to pot. Stir in coconut milk (or sour cream or Greek yogurt). Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Add the maple syrup now if desired. Serve.