This recipe for energy bites is easy to make and uses only a handful of ingredients! The end result tastes like a date square but is much easier to make and uses no refined sugar. It is also nut free, gluten free and vegan making it a great go-to snack for everyone!
Date Square Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup quick oats (make sure they are gluten free if you are intolerant)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Place the dates and water in a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for about 4 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and dates are softened. Transfer the dates to a food processor and pulse to create a puree.
- Mix the date puree with the other ingredients in a bowl. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out mixture and roll each portion between your palms to create a ball.