Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Toasts are what breakfast dreams are made of! We made this delicious breakfast this morning and were totally satisfied with this healthy start to the day! It feels like a decadent breakfast with the addition of smoked salmon but is actually really easy to make!
We live for breakfast around here. I can literally eat breakfast for lunch and dinner everyday and be happy as can be! Pancakes for dinner? Yes, please! Omelette for lunch? Un huh! You name it, I am there!
That said, I am NOT a morning person. Weekday breakfasts aren’t very extravaggant and my hubby usually takes the lead in that department. My contributions during the week are usually only in the form of meal-prepped breakfasts. Just don’t ask me to stand in front of the stove at the crack of dawn. Its not gonna happen.
Weekends, however, are where I shine in the breakfast department! Slow starts, no rush to get in the kitchen. Basically, brunch is my jam!
These decadent little toasts are what I whipped up for brunch today. And although they feel indulgent and special compared to our regular weekday breakfasts, they are simple enough for a weekday too. Super easy to do and little skill or time required! But they’re perfect. Utterly perfect, in my opinion.
Components of the perfect Smoked Salmon Breakfast Toasts
These adorable little toasts are super simple and easy to assemble. They are made up of a few simple components.
- english muffin
- scrambled eggs
- smoked salmon
- cream cheese
- cherry tomatoes and fresh dill
Assembly is also super easy!
- Start by toasting the English muffins.
- Top with scrambled eggs. You can make the scramble using your own method but I highly recommend cooking them on low heat while constantly stirring. Low and slow always seems to produce the best scramble, I find!
- Top the scramble with smoked salmon
- Top the scramble with a dollop of cream cheese. I made cute little quenelles as a special little touch. If you don’t want to do this, you can also just smear the cream cheese directly onto the english muffin.
Here’s a video by Saveur Magazine that shows you how to make a quenelle if you want to give it a go!
5. Top it all off with cherry tomatoes and fresh dill!
That’s it. Aside from the little cream cheese quenelles (which are optional), its all super simple!
Hope you enjoy these breakfast toasts!
You may also like:
Tomato and Egg Breakfast Tarts
Caprese Eggs Benedict
Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Toasts
- 1 English muffin cut in half
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the English muffin and place it on your serving plate.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and add the eggs. Cook, stirring often until scrambled eggs are fully cooked. Place on top of English muffin halves.
- Top each English muffin half with a slice of smoked salmon. Add a dollop of cream cheese on top and add the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and dill.