This comforting Turkey Vegetable Soup with Stuffing Dumplings comes together in no time using leftovers from your holiday dinner! It makes a deliciously light turkey soup that’s made a bit more filling by the addition of stuffing dumplings!
Quick, easy and flavourful! That is exactly what I am looking for in a recipe these days!
As most of the ingredients for this soup are already pre-cooked, this recipe comes together in a snap! I don’t know about you, but after the hustle and bustle of a crazy family holiday, I’m in need of some rest! Quick recipes are the only thing I will consider right now!
My absolute favourite meal is a turkey dinner with all the trimmings! I look forward to eating this meal all year long and it never disappoints! What’s not to love about perfectly cooked Turkey served alongside fresh veggies, mashed potatoes, and stuffing? It’s the ultimate comfort meal! So much yumminess! I love it so much and definitely eat it with gusto, but there are always plenty of leftovers. That makes me so happy! Its the meal that keeps on giving, sometimes for days!
It doesn’t hurt that this Turkey Vegetable Soup with Stuffing Dumplings incorporates all the things I love from the holiday meal and re-purposes it in a way that just feels different! Stuffing is definitely one of my weaknesses so this soup hits the spot! The light broth and turkey keep this relatively light though, which is good cause I definitely over indulged! Oops!
You may also like these other recipes:
Turkey Vegetable Soup with Stuffing Dumplings
- 1 1/2 cups turkey cooked, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables
- 8 cups chicken broth (or turkey broth)
- 2 cups stuffing
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Bring broth to a boil and add the turkey, frozen vegetables and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a bowl, combine stuffing, eggs, flour and parsley. Form into balls. The batter will be sticky but that’s okay. Drop the stuffing dumplings into the simmering soup and continue to cook the soup for 10-15 minutes. Taste soup and adjust seasoning if needed.