This Baked Brie with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries is the perfect appetizer for warm weather gatherings! It’s simple, beautiful and delicious!
There is something about baking brie that calls to me. I love a soft, gooey cheese but when its topped with delicious roasted strawberries, it is downright irresistible. The sweet strawberries roasted with honey and balsamic vinegar add a nice sweet and slightly acidic component to the creamy cheese. It goes so beautifully together!
I could easily eat the whole thing myself! It takes a lot of self control to reign myself in when it comes to an app like this!
How to make Baked Brie with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
This recipe is super simple to make and perfect for whipping up when guests are on their way! To make this recipe, you will need:
- 1 lbs strawberries, hulled and halved (quarter larger berries)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 wheel brie (approximately 5 inches in diameter)
- crackers or sliced baquette, to serve
To make this dish, I start by roasting the strawberries. I preheat the oven to 400F and place the strawberries in a oven-safe baking dish. Then, in a bowl, I whisk together the honey and balsamic vinegar and drizzle it on top of the strawberries. Then I bake it for 15 minutes, stir carefully and then bake for another 10 minutes. I remove it from the oven and let it cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Once the strawberries are cooked, I reduce the oven temperature to 375F. I place the brie in a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake it for approximately 10 minutes.
Once its warmed and gooey inside, I top the brie with the roasted strawberries and serve it with crackers or sliced baquette.
That’s it! Pretty easy!
Tips and Variations for this baked brie dish
This recipe is pretty easy and straigt-forward but there are a few things you can do to make it easier for yourself or to change up the flavours!
Tip: Prep the roasted strawberries before your guests arrive
As I often serve this as an app for guests, I highly recommend getting some of the prep work done beforehand and roasting the strawberries in advance. Then, all you have to do when your guests arrive is warm the brie and top it with the berries. That way, you can spend more time with your guests!
Simple flavour changes
There are a few things you can do to add some extra flavour to this dish:
- fresh herbs. You can chop fresh mint and mix it in the roasted strawberries. Thyme is a nice option too.
- add nuts. Mix in some chopped walnuts, pecans or slice almonds to the strawberry topping for a nice crunch!
Hope you enjoy this app! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Baked Brie with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
1 lbs strawberries, hulled and halved (quarter larger berries)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 wheel brie (approximately 5 inches in diameter)
crackers or sliced baquette, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400F and place strawberries in a oven-safe baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle it on top of the strawberries.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir carefully and then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- While strawberries cool a little, reduce oven to 375F. Place brie in a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Top brie with roasted strawberries and serve with crackers or sliced baquette.