This irresistibly delicious Balsamic Strawberry Flatbread is made with a Greek yogurt crust and topped with fresh strawberries, feta and a balsamic glaze!
I have found my new obsession this summer! My berry obsession has sparked this delightful new app (often dinner) and I am enjoying making this over and over again. The hubs hasn’t complained yet either so I’m just gonna push it as far as I can! Yup, Balsamic Strawberry Flatbread is here to stay this summer!
Nothing is better than fresh strawberries (and all berries, really) and when berry season is in full swing, our fridge is fully stocked! I clearly have a strawberry obsession and have more than a few recipes starring this gorgeous fruit.
More often than not, it makes its way into our breakfasts or desserts. If you have not tried Strawberry Scones, Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars, or Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins, I highly recommend giving them a try! Strawberries work so well in desserts.
They also work well in salads like my Halloumi and Strawberry Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
This may be the first time I have turned them into an appetizer, though. But it won’t be the last!
All in all, this is a very easy dish to pull together and one that can easily be done in a flash if company is coming over. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and there is no need to have pizza dough on hand. You likely have everything you need already.
All you need: 15 minutes of your time to assemble the flatbread. Then the oven does its work for another 15 and you have a delicious flatbread to present to your guests!
How to make Balsamic Strawberry Flatbread
The perfect flatbread starts with a good crust. And this crust, does not disappoint. It is easy to make and healthy too! This dough is ridiculously easy and takes just minutes to put together. Literally, just minutes. The dough is my simple Greek yogurt flatbread dough which I prefer to use for the added protein.
To make the dough, you’ll need:
- baking soda
- baking powder
- Greek yogurt
That’s it! There is no need to wait for it rise or anything like that! Nope. It is ready to be put to use! All you do is mix the dry ingredients and add the yogurt. Using a wooden spoon, mix it all to create a shaggy dough. Then transfer it to a well floured surface and sprinkle with more flour as you fold it and work it into a ball. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment and press it down into your desired shape. I like to form it into a rectangular shape about 1/4 inch thick.
Now to the good stuff: delicious toppings!
To top this pizza, you will need:
- feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- balsamic glaze
Once the flatbread dough is formed into its shape, I spread mozzarella cheese over it to form the base. Then I season it generously with salt and pepper. On top of the mozzarella base, I sprinkle the strawberries and feta cheese and then into the oven it goes to bake up until golden brown.
Once out of the oven, sprinkle with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze! Then its perfect!
Enjoy it as an app, snack or even dinner! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Balsamic Strawberry Flatbread
For the Greek yogurt flatbread crust
- 1 1/4 cup flour + more to roll out
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
For the Toppings
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cup strawberries sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 8 basil leaves julienned
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the flatbread crust, mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the yogurt and use a wooden spoon to mix well. The dough will be shaggy and sticky. Transfer to a well floured surface and sprinkle with some flour. Fold the dough in on itself a few times and then form into a ball. Place the ball onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet and pressing down with your hands, shape it into a rectangle about 1/4″ thick.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the flatbread and spread it out, leaving a border around the flatbread. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the strawberries and feta cheese over top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown.
- Sprinkle the flatbread with the basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.