These Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins are the perfect homemade treat! The muffins can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries.
Bringing some Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins your way to brighten your day! These muffins are simple, healthy and can easily be made vegan!
Strawberries and bananas are one of those classic combos and easily one of my favourite smoothie flavours. Save this recipe for when you have fresh, juicy strawberries on hand and ripe bananas. Or use frozen strawberries instead!
I love being in my kitchen and cooking or baking up a storm but absolutely detest the clean up. One of the perks of these muffins is that this recipe is super easy to do and can be done in one bowl. You can’t beat an easy clean up and so one-bowl batters are my absolute favourites!
Simple Tips for Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins
Fresh vs Frozen
While fresh strawberries is my preference, when strawberries are out of season (and not so flavourful), frozen is my go-to and they work great in this recipe!
I used frozen strawberries this time around. I chopped them and then tossed them in frozen. No need to thaw them. I find they get runny and then the entire batter turns pink when they are thawed.
Vegan (and healthy) Substitutions
Turning this recipe into a vegan one is easy with a few simple swaps. Even if you are not vegan, these substitutions offer a healthy (often healthier) alternative! Below are some simple swaps to keep this recipe vegan
- substitute coconut oil for butter
- use flax eggs instead of regular eggs. Tips on how to do this is in the notes section of this recipe
- use a non-dairy milk in this recipe
Gluten-free Strawberry Banana Muffins
I have made these muffins gluten-free before and they are just as delicious! You can swap out the flour for a gluten-free flour mix using a 1:1 ratio. I have also used oat flour for the recipe and they come out great!
You may also like:
Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 2 large eggs whisked (substitute flax eggs instead for a vegan option. See notes below)
- 2 bananas mushed with a fork
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour (oat, all purpose or whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and add muffin liners to a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Mix eggs, bananas, coconut oil, honey, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Add flour and stir together until well incorporated.
- Add strawberries and gently fold into the mixture.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in tin for 20 minutes. Gently remove muffins from tin and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.