Sweet strawberries and a crumbly, buttery oat crust come together to make these delicious Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars! Make them ahead for busy mornings!
These make-ahead Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars are the perfect way to start off busy mornings! Sweet strawberries and a crumbly, buttery oat crust make for one delicious breakfast treat that is easy to grab and go!
Make-ahead breakfasts are pretty much all I can contribute to breakfasts on early mornings since fussing around in the kitchen is not something I am awake enough for. Thank goodness for tasty recipes like this one that I can prep on the weekend so they are ready when I need them!
And they are so frickin yummy!
I love to pack these into lunch bags too for a daytime snack.
And did I mention that they are vegan too?
They are incredibly easy to make with ingredients we already have on hand so often when we have strawberries in the fridge, this recipe comes out! The recipe takes less than 15 minutes to put together and bakes up in less than half an hour. While I often make these in advance, you could easily manage to make them the same morning.
These bars appeal to the masses. Kiddos and adults alike love these and I have often made them to bring to pot lucks as well! They can be served as a dessert as well which is awesome!
They are pretty darn healthy too! Aside from the sugar, that is, these are made with wholesome ingredients. Using coconut oil instead of butter is another way I like to keep these healthier!
Vegan Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars
Coconut oil vs Butter
My recipe for Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars is easily made vegan. In order to ensure a vegan bar, use coconut oil instead of butter. Although I am not vegan, I often do as a healthier alternative for butter.
You will also need to make sure that your brown sugar is vegan. Many commercial brown sugars are processed with bone char. Organic sugars processed in North America are (at least to my best knowledge) vegan-friendly so choose these instead. You could also substitute the brown sugar for coconut sugar if you like!
You may also like these make-ahead breakfast ideas:
Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour (can use all purpose or whole wheat f not gluten free)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted**
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 10×10 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle chopped strawberries with lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir to coat the strawberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the melted butter and mix until the all the dry ingredients are moist.
- Reserve 3/4 cup oat mixture. Add the remaining mixture to the baking pan and spread evenly. Press down.
- Sprinkle the strawberries evenly on top of the pressed oats. Then sprinkle the remaining oats on top of the strawberries.
- Bake in the oven for 27-30 minutes or until they begin to turn a nice golden brown.