These Healthy Cranberry Banana Breakfast Cookies are made with oatmeal, no butter, oil or refined sugar and they are chock full of healthy ingredients!
While I’ve been known to eat a cookie for breakfast from time to time, these cookies are actually so healthy enough to call them breakfast! I eat them with my morning coffee without feeling any guilt! They are made with no butter, oil or refined sugar (except for what is in the white chocolate chips that is). They are full of healthy ingredients you probably enjoy for breakfast anyway. Despite being super healthy and fat free, the result is a fluffy cake-like cookie that tastes just like banana bread! So delicious!
Healthy Ingredients and Easy Steps: The makings of a perfect breakfast
These healthy breakfast cookies are full of ingredients like banana, cranberries, oats, and hemp seeds. Oats a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. They are also gluten-free (although you should check your package to ensure they are completely gluten-free as there are some manufacturers that are not).
Although the hemp seeds are not necessary to the recipe, I tend to add them or other seeds whenever I can. They add protein and fibre to the cookies without altering the taste. They can also be swapped out for flax seeds which I sometimes do depending on what I have on hand.
In addition to being compromised entirely of healthy ingredients, the cookies take 20 minutes to make from start to finish. Yup, you read that right! The steps could not be any simpler. Its one of the reasons I love to make these cookies so much!
To make the cookies, I start by mashing 2 large bananas. I then stir in egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir to combine everything. Finally, I add my dry ingredients. Cinnamon, salt, baking soda, hemp seeds, oats, oat flour, white chocolate chips, and dried cranberries get stirred into the batter before scooping it onto the cookie tray. Then I pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. That’s it!
Healthy Cranberry Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 2 large bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberry
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl using a fork. Add the egg, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Use a cooking scoop to scoop batter onto the baking sheet. Spread the mixture slightly to form cookie shape. The cookies will not spread much when baking. Sprinkle with more white chocolate chips and dried cranberry if desired. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack.