What is better than a big warm, ooey, gooey Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie? Top with your favourite ice cream and you have the perfect dessert!
The world is in need of comfort food right now. What better way to cozy up on the couch and forget about all your woes than with a giant cookie, am I right?
While I have never had much of a sweet tooth, I could never say no to a chocolate chip cookie! They are the ultimate sweet treat! It’s always been that way-kids and adults alike, will tell ya!
But one giant cookie…
Break out your skillet! Stat!
Its extra special! Oooey and gooey goodness that is warm and comforting and everything that is right in the world! This Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe is our absolute favourite and with good reason! Its delicious! Really delicious!
Other things that make this recipe so great- its easy to make on a whim. No soft butter needed here! It is made with coconut oil which is healthier for you. Just melt your coconut oil and you are in business!
It’s also vegan so you can serve this up at your next gathering (when we are aloud to have those again- pandemic problems) for everyone to enjoy! You can also make this recipe with gluten free flour if that is something you need.
I used a 12 inch cast iron pan for my cookie. If you are using a smaller one (or don’t have one and wish to use a baking dish or pie plate), that’s okay too. You will end up with a thicker cookie and will need to add a bit of cooking time, most likely. You can also just reserve some dough and make cookies at a later date. I form my cookie dough into balls which I then press down and freeze for future baking.
I highly recommend you go make this right now-Even if you are reading this in the morning before breakfast! There are no rules these days and keeping ourselves sane sometimes takes precedence.
Bon appetit and stay healthy!
You may also like:
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 3 cups all purpose flour (substitute all purpose gluten free flour for gf option)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a cast iron skillet with some coconut oil.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, mix the coconut oil, coconut milk, sugars, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir until everything is well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to the cast iron skillet and press down evenly.
- Bake the cookies for 25-27 minutes or until the edge begin to turn a nice golden brown. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes. The cookie will be a bit puffy and soft when it is removed from the oven making it hard to slice, but it will flatten out and harden a bit as it cools. Cut into slices and add scoops of your favourite ice cream when serving!