This Healthy Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your dinner! Pasta and veggies are tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and oregano to give this pasta salad the taste of an authentic Greek salad. Feel free to add some mayonnaise if you prefer a creamier pasta salad!
It’s no secret to those who know me that I love Greek Salad. Its one of my favourite salads of all time. Simple, delicious and always a welcome side to whatever it is i’m eating!
Greek salad – the real Greek salad, often called a village salad (horiatiki salata) is the kind of salad I am talking about. Lots of cucs and toms, olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, feta and oregano. Just a handful of ingredients and yet it still manages to be absolute perfection.
That village salad is the base for this pasta salad. It was only a matter of time that I just combined my two loves (Greek salad and pasta).
If you are a fan of Greek salad, than this is for you.
Ingredients in Healthy Greek Pasta Salad
- Pasta (mini shells, orzo, or any other small pasta)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Creamy vs. Healthy Greek Pasta Salad
While my favourite pasta salads are the creamy variety, I chose to keep this one simple and healthy. I have also made it with mayonnaise and it is super yummy. If you are not overly concerned with the calorie count, feel free to add some mayonnaise. About 1/3 cup would do it!
As I am currently being a bit health-conscious after putting on a few pounds (why are they so hard to lose and so easy to put on??), I enjoyed this salad as stated in the recipe. My hubby added a tablespoon of mayo to his portion and mixed it in. You can totally do that if your family is divided in its creamy vs non creamy pasta salad preferences. No need to be divided!
You may also like:
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups pasta uncooked (mini shells, orzo, or any other small pasta)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes finely diced
- 1 cup cucumber finely diced
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 1/3 cup feta crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and run under cold water to cool down.
- Meanwhile, finely dice tomatoes and cucumbers. Add them to a large bowl. Add the pasta and remaining ingredients and toss to coat everything evenly. Adjust seasonings to taste. If you like a creamier pasta salad, you can add some mayonnaise to the salad as well.