This Healthy Caesar Pasta Salad has all the creamy comfort of a classic Caesar and pasta all in one! It’s made healthier with a homemade dressing using Greek yogurt.
The weather is warming up and the barbecue is being fired up in our casa! At long last, the temperature has climbed to suitable patio temps and we enjoyed our first dinner in our backyard tonight!
Since buying our home just over 4 years ago, we have put a lot of work into our yard. The backyard has needed a lot of TLC over the years (and still does). New fences, garden beds, a new shed, and a patio are some of the major projects that we have chipped away at for several years now. And we are reaping the rewards today!
There is nothing like sitting on your own backyard patio, eating a meal and looking out into your beautiful garden. It was the first dinner of many we hope to have this Summer and I am so grateful for our little yard tonight!
We fired up the grill tonight and barbecued some chicken legs. But any good barbecue also needs good side dishes. And that is where this pasta salad comes in!
Its not just a pasta salad. It’s an awesome one! Its a pasta salad with all the creamy, deliciousness of a Caesar salad thrown in. And who doesn’t love Caesar salad?
Not only is this pasta salad amazingly creamy and delicious, but it is actually healthy too! It all comes down to my favourite salad dressing- my healthy Caesar dressing! Made with Greek yogurt, it is a much healthier version but one that delivers in flavours!
What you’ll need to make Healthy Caesar Pasta Salad
For the Healthy Caesar Dressing, you’ll need:
- Greek Yogurt
- lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic, minced (optional)
To make the dressing, you just add all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together! Then you pour it over:
- penne pasta
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- croutons (optional)
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
You may also like:
Healthy Caesar Pasta Salad
For the Salad
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
For the Healthy Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the penne. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Chop or tear romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the drained penne.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Drizzle as much dressing as desired over the romaine and penne, tossing to coat evenly. Sprinkle with croutons if desired.