Nothing beats fresh, juicy classic homemade hamburgers right off the grill! We have been using this tried and true recipe for years! Juicy and flavourful every time and best of all it is super easy to do!
Sometimes all you need is a classic burger! This family recipe is a tried and true family favourite and we have never felt the need to look elsewhere! They are everything we look for in a burger. Juicy, flavourful and fresh. What more can you ask for?
Frozen beef patties just won’t cut it around here. You really don’t get the same flavour and freshness. I have always found them flavourless- except for the fact that they are salty. There are no herbs to flavour the meat. And the meat, well, doesn’t really taste like anything.
That’s why we have always made our own. Even if we make them in bulk and freeze them for easy use over the summer, they still are full of flavour! There’s something to be said about using fresh ingredients.
Making Classic Homemade Hamburgers
Making these burgers is pretty straight forward and doesn’t require too much time.
To start, you will need to gather your ingredients. I use:
- ground beef
- fresh herbs (parsley and mint)
- salt and pepper
To make the burgers, I simply add all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together! Then I form them into balls and press them down to create the patties.
That is literally all it takes to make a fresh tasting burger that is better than those cardboard-y frozen patties in the grocery section!
Freezing homemade hamburgers
The recipe specified below makes about 8 quarter-pound hamburgers. If you want to freeze some of the burgers, its pretty easy to do.
- First, form the patties as mentioned above.
- Then place the patty on a small piece of parchment paper and cover it with another piece of parchment. You can stack the patties like this using little squares of parchment to separate them and prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Next, I place them in a freezer bag and freeze them lying flat (so as not to misshape them before they freeze and hold their shape).
- When you are ready to grill them, remove as many frozen patties as you need and transfer them straight to the grill. You can defrost them if you like but that isn’t necessary.
These juicy burgers will be making a frequent appearance on the grill this summer! Hope you give them a try and enjoy them as much as we do!
You may also like:
Classic Homemade Hamburgers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into patties. Grill on medium heat until cooked through.