Delicious corn fritters made with smoked Gouda for an extra layer of flavour! These fritters are so easy to make, healthy and delicious!
Summer veggies are perfect for making up all sorts of fritters! And of all the fritters, fresh corn fritters are up there with my favourites! Sweet corn kernels, fresh herbs and some gooey cheese for added flavour. Yum, yum and YUM!
I used smoked gouda to make these fritters but you can easily swap in whatever cheese you have on hand. I like the smokey flavour the cheese gives these fritters though so if you can get your hands on it or any smoked cheese, its a nice addition I highly recommend!
Fritters are easy to make and quick to put together as well. They make a great snack or side. We like to make a big batch and then heat them up whenever we want a nibble. This morning they were served with poached eggs for a fun twist on eggs benny!
How to make Corn Fritters
This quick and easy recipe takes under 30 minutes to make. To make these fritters, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, boiled and drained
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda (or any cheese)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
To start, I mix all of the ingredients except for the oil in a large bowl. Then I heat the olive oil in a frying pan or griddle on medium heat. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, I place heaping spoonfuls of batter in the pan and flatten it slightly with the back of the spoon. The fritters cook for a few minutes on each side or until they turn a nice golden brown colour. That’s it! Easy right?
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, boiled and drained
1/4 red pepper, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda (or any cheese)
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped finely
2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the oil.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan or griddle on medium heat. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, place a heaping spoonful of batter in the pan. You may need to flatten a bit with your spoon. Cook until fritter begins to turn a nice golden brown and then flip to cook the other side.