This pretty pink Grapefruit Mimosa is the perfect brunch cocktail that is sure to impress! This drink is easy to make with champagne or prosecco and grapefruit juice!
The best part of any special brunch is the cocktail, in my opinion. Whether its for a special occasion like a bridal shower or Mother’s Day or just a regular brunch with friends and family, a nice cocktail is key. And what cocktail is more suited for brunch than the mimosa?
Traditionally, mimosas are equal parts champagne and orange juice. This twist on the classic uses grapefruit juice instead. I love a good grapefruit cocktail (check out my recipes for Grapefruit & Thyme Gin Fizz and Grapefruit Margarita)! They are refreshingly delicious and the pretty pink colour makes me so happy! That said, grapefruit can be tart for some and so a little simple syrup added to the recipe makes it even more delicious!
This cocktail can be made without alcohol too by replacing the champagne with kombucha or sparkling water. If you are serving this at a special event, I like to set up a mimosa bar with all that is needed to make this cocktail and include these non-alcoholic options.
How to make Grapefruit Mimosa
To make this cocktail recipe (about 6 servings), follow the recipe below. To make it for less, just keep in mind it is pretty much equal parts champagne and grapefruit juice so feel free to adjust the recipe as needed.
- 2 cups champagne or prosecco
- 2 cups grapefruit juice (approx. 4 large grapefruits)
- simple syrup, optional
- grapefruit segments for garnish, optional
Fill champagne glasses halfway with champagne or prosecco. Top off with grapefruit juice.
Optional: to add more sweetness to the drink you can add a little simple syrup to each glass. Garnish with grapefruit segments.
You may also like:
2 cups champagne or prosecco
2 cups grapefruit juice (approx. 4 large grapefruits)
simple syrup, optional*
grapefruit segments for garnish, optional
- Fill champagne glasses halfway with champagne or prosecco. Top off with grapefruit juice.
- Optional: to add more sweetness to the drink you can add a little simple syrup to each glass. Garnish with grapefruit segments.
- *To make your own simple syrup, add equal parts sugar and water to a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for a couple of minutes, until sugar dissolves. Let cool.