This Healthy Sweet Potato Waffles recipe is so easy to make in a blender or food processor! Simple, delicious and sure to please the whole family!
I have been on a sweet potato kick lately! I can’t get enough of them and have been incorporating them into our lunches and dinners for weeks now. It was only a matter of time before I made them breakfast too!
Waffles used to be something we enjoyed only once in a while. Usually for special breakfasts on birthdays or anniversaries. Or a brunch get-together. They always felt too decadent to enjoy regularly (unless you count frozen grocery store waffles but we don’t count those here). That has changed in recent years.
A quick search on my site and you will see I have quite a few healthy waffles on here! And since they are healthy, we can enjoy them regularly now! Regular weekends just got more special!
Did I mention you can also freeze these waffles (and all of the waffles on my site)? I often double the recipe and freeze them up for weekday breakfasts too!
Alright, time to quit waffling around and let’s get to it! Let’s whip up a batch!
How to make Healthy Sweet Potato Waffles
To make these waffles, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sweet potato mash*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Place all the waffle ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Heat waffle iron on medium heat and pour 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the iron. Close lid and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Cooking times and batter amounts will vary depending on your waffle iron. Follow the instructions for your waffle iron.
That’s it! Top it with maple syrup and berries (if you feel inclined to do so…which I always do) and voila!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
You may also like:
Healthy Sweet Potato Waffles
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sweet potato mash*
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all the waffle ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat waffle iron on medium heat and pour 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the iron. Close lid and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Cooking times and batter amounts will vary depending on your waffle iron. Follow the instructions for your waffle iron.
- * to make sweet potato mash, peel and dice 1 large sweet potato and boil until fork tender. Drain and place in a food processor to puree. Let it cool before using.