These simple, flavourful Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are the perfect side dish! Carmelized and tender sweet potatoes that are so easy to make and so incredible you’ll be fighting for seconds.
This side dish is so good you really will be wanting more!
I love sweet potatoes and buy them often when I am out grocery shopping. They are one of my favourite side dishes and often star as the main dish as well. But this. THIS recipe, is by far, my favourite of all!
Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet. Well, duh, they are called sweet potatoes after all. So you probably wouldn’t think to add any more sweetness to them, but, boy would that be a wrong assumption!
Adding maple syrup to sweet potatoes carmelizes them and makes them so out of this world delicious!
Tips for making the best Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This side dish recipe is pretty easy and doesn’t require a lot of baby-sitting, but there are a few things to do to ensure a perfect dish.
- First, and foremost, I HIGHLY recommend that you line your baking dish with parchment paper or foil. As it cooks, the maple syrup will bake into your pan and be a pain to clean up afterwards. Lining it makes for an easy clean up.
- Be sure to flip your sweet potatoes halfway through cooking. If you don’t the dish will be fine but the maple syrup will pool on the bottom and carmelize. You will end up with blackened sides on your potatoes. Flipping them halfway through prevents this.
- Test your potatoes with a fork to make sure they are fork tender. My potatoes usually take about half an hour to roast in the oven but this may vary depending on the size of your potatoes so prick one to be sure.
- This may go without saying, but make sure your potatoes are about the same size so that they cook evenly.
Hope you give these a try! They are really, really good!
You may also like:
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place peeled and chopped sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip over, and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender (cooking time will depend on the size of your pieces).