These easy, no bake Oreo Truffles are the perfect bite sized treat! These Oreo balls require only a few ingredients and are perfect for pot lucks, Christmas, or just because!
After baking up a storm every night for a week, I’m letting my oven have the day off today! No bake, easy desserts are always lovely but ones that only use a handful of ingredients are even better! If you haven’t tried Oreo truffles before, you need to give these a try! All you need is a box of Oreos, cream cheese, and melted chocolate. Before you know it, you’ve got a batch of delicious Oreo truffles! These babies are always a hit at parties!
I have been making these truffles for years and they are always, ALWAYS well received! I am bringing them to a Christmas get-together and also adding them to my cookie boxes…at least the ones I have not delivered yet! They are easily the easiest addition to my cookie boxes! The recipe makes about 40 Oreo truffles. Feel free to halve the recipe if you don’t need this many.
Easy step by step guide
To make the truffles, I start by adding 2 boxes of Oreos to a food processor and pulsing until they crumble! If you are using crushed oreos to decoate them instead of sprinkles, reserve a little (a few tablespoons) now and set aside. Then I added a brick of cream cheese which was left out to come to room temperature. I pulsed until they were well combined and the cream cheese was well incorporated. I removed the mixture from the food processor and began to form the Oreo truffles.
Shaping the truffles is pretty easy. In order to keep them relatively uniform in size, I used the larger end of a melon-baller and scooped out the mixture. Then I rolled it in my palms to form a perfect little ball. I set each truffle ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and placed them in the fridge while I prepared the melted chocolate for coating.
Using a double boiler, I brang a small amount of water to a simmer in a pot and placed a bowl filled with chocolate chips on top. Using a spatula I stirred until the chocolate was completely melted.
Then the fun part! Dip each Oreo truffle into the melted chocolate and shake off the excess. I use a fork to scoop the truffles out of the chocolate and then gently shake off the excess. Then place them back onto the parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sprinkles. Place the trays in the fridge to set. That’s it! Pack them up or arrange them on a platter and let the compliments roll in!
Check out my recipe for Chocolate Chip Shortbread for another crowd-pleasing treat!
- 2 box oreos (303g each)
- 250 g cream cheese softened (1 brick or 8oz)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sprinkles (if using)
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they are crumbled. If you are using crushed oreos to decorate instead of sprinkles, reserve a little now (about 3 tablespoons) and set aside. Add the cream cheese and keep pulsing until the cream cheese is well incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon or melon baller, scoop out a portion of the mixture and roll it between your palms to form a smooth ball. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture and then place the baking sheet in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. Remove tray from fridge and dip truffles in the melted chocolate one at a time. Use a fork to scoop them out and gently shake of the excess. Set back onto parchment paper and add a pinch of sprinkles on top.
- Once all the truffles are dipped, place the tray back in the fridge until set.