Salmon filets, potatoes, and asparagus are flavoured with butter, lemon and dill and baked in parcels. This meal is incredibly easy to put together! Wrap up all of your ingredients in foil and bake in the oven! Serve up a complete meal in each parcel.
Is love a good, super flavourful and easy dinner. It’s the best when you can achieve the best results without working too hard for it. Am I right?
These parcels are one of our favourite ways to prepare salmon around here. Salmon, potatoes and asparagus get wrapped up into a parcel which produces a super moist, flavourful meal. Fresh dill permeates the entire dish, though if you are not able to get your hands on any or you prefer a different herb, you can easily swap in your favourites!
One of my favourite things about cooking this meal (aside from the herby flavour!) is the super easy clean up! Who doesn’t love a quick clean up? And since this meal is easy to prepare as well, it is all-in-all the perfect meal!
Ingredients needed for Salmon Parcels
- Salmon filets
- Mini potatoes
- Salt and pepper
Swaps different ingredients in these Salmon Parcels
These Salmon Parcels are pretty popular around here! That said, depending on the ingredients we have on hand, we sometimes make some easy swaps.
- Swap in different herbs. As mentioned before, you can easily swap in your favourite herbs here. Rosemary, thyme, parsley are all great subs that go well with Salmon. You can also swap in dry herbs in place of the fresh.
- Swap in different veggies. If you don’t have asparagus, you can swap in your favourite veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, green beans or, really, whatever you can think of (that will cook in about the same amount of time as your salmon.
- Swap different fish. Well, you won’t be able to call them Salmon Parcels without salmon but we have also swapped in different filets before. Whether you are cooking with halibut, haddock, basa, or your favourite filet, you can follow the same cooking method and end up with one delicious dinner!
You may also like:
- 4 salmon filets
- 16 mini potatoes boiled and sliced in half
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1/4 cup butter chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut four large rectangles of aluminum foil and lay flat.
- Place 1 salmon filet onto each foil sheet and divide potatoes and asparagus equally into each.
- Season the fish and vegetables with salt and pepper. Top with lemon slices and dill. Sprinkle the chopped butter on top of everything.
- Fold over the foil and roll up the edges to seal the parcels. Arrange on baking sheets and bake for 18-20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.