This healthy Turkey Chili is made in a Slow Cooker for an easy, delicious dinner that is sure to satisfy the whole family! Simple, hearty, and delicious!
There is something so comforting about a bowl of Turkey Chili on a cold day. It’s like a big warm hug in a bowl and that is exactly what I need to warm me up on this chilly evening!
I love chili for this reason and so many more! Its hearty, easy to make and can be made healthier by swapping in ground turkey instead! Who doesn’t want a healthier option when its just as delicious? I am all for making healthier changes whenever I can. Swapping turkey in this chili recipe results in a flavourful, delicious chili that is better for you and your family!
I am a big fan of meals I can dump in my slow cooker and walk away from, and this is one of those recipes! All you need to do is quickly cook the turkey and onion in a skillet for a few minutes. Transfer them and all the remaining ingredients to your slow cooker and walk away! The slow cooker does all the hard work while you are away living your life! You come home to a warm bowl of turkey chili. Honestly, there is nothing better than coming home to a delicious meal that is ready to go!
Ingredients to make Turkey Chili in Slow Cooker
To make this chili, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey
- Crushed tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Tomato passata
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
How to make Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Saute the onions: Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onion. Saute on medium heat until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Cook the turkey: Add the ground turkey and cook for a few minutes, being sure to break up any large pieces.
- Add everything to the slow cooker: Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the sauteed turkey and onions and mix it all together.
- Let the slow cooker take over: Place the slow cooker lid on and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
This recipe really is so easy and the slow cooker does most of the work! It is so nice to come back to a warm, delicious bowl of chili!
Optional toppings for turkey chili
I love to serve this turkey chili with a variety of toppings. Our personal favourites include:
- shredded cheese
- green onion
- sour cream
What to serve with turkey chili:
- Easy Homemade Cornbread
- Corn Muffins
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Healthy Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpea Croutons
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
You may also like these other slow cooker meals:
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can black beans or red kidney beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onion. Saute on medium heat until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook for a few minutes, being sure to break up any large pieces.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the sauteed turkey and onions and mix it all together.
- Place the slow cooker lid on and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.