This Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters recipe is quick, easy, and always a crowd pleaser! These delicious, crispy and healthy fritters are perfect as an appetizer, snack, or side dish.
As huge fans of zucchini fritters or kolokithokeftedes (in Greek), we eat plenty of these delicious little zucchini cakes all summer long (but also all year long)!
I absolutely adore both of these recipes and cooking methods but on a hot day like today, the thought of standing over a pan of hot oil or cranking up the oven was just out of the question.
Enter air fryer!
I am obsessed with using my air fryer at every opportunity and today, it saved the day by making us these delicious Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters without heating up the whole house!
This Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters recipe is exactly what we needed and resulted in crispy (not soggy!) fritters that cook up easily.
Serve them up as is or with a little yogurt dip (tzatziki is soo yummy with these), and voila! You have a delicious and healthy app, snack or side dish.
If you love zucchini as much as I do and looking for more ways to cook it up in your air fryer, don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Zucchini Fries recipe.
Why you should make zucchini fritters in the air fryer:
- They’re delicious!
- This recipe is healthy.
- They’re ready in just half an hour.
- This small-batch recipe requires only 2 batches for cooking these (provided you can fit 4 fritters in your air fryer basket).
- It is a great way to use up all of that garden zucchini!!
- The fritters get nice and crispy in the air fryer.
- You don’t have to flip these at all, making them so simple to do!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini: shredded and excess water wrung out.
- Onion: added for extra flavour. Also shredded.
- Eggs: used as a binder.
- Panko breadcrumbs: You can also substitute regular breadcrumbs.
- Fresh herbs: dill, parsley and mint.
- Seasoning: salt and pepper
- Oil: Just a little is used for spraying air fryer basket to prevent sticking.
Note: for recipe amounts and full instructions, see the recipe card at the end of this post.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
1. Prep the zucchini: Shred zucchini and then place in a clean dish cloth or paper towel and squeeze out all the water.
2. Mix everything in a bowl: Just add all of the fritter ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together.
3. Form the fritters: Form into 8 balls and then press down to form patties. [You can make these smaller if you wish. Just be sure to reduce the cook time if you do.]
4. Cook: Spray the air fryer basket with oil and arrange 4 fritters (or as many as you can fit) in your air fryer basket. Cook them for 10 minutes. [Note: You will need to cook these in batches. I cooked mine in 2 batches but this will depend on the size of your air fryer basket.]
Storing leftovers and reheating
While nothing beats freshly air fried zucchini fritters, you can definitely make these in advance. This makes them great for meal prepping!
Leftover fritters should be placed in an airtight container once they are cooled and stored in the fridge. When you want to reheat them, pop them back into your air fryer and heat them at 350F until they are warmed through.
How to serve Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
These fritters make a great appetizer served alongside a dip like tzatziki sauce. They are also amazing served as a light lunch or dinner or as a side dish.
I sometimes eat a plate of these with a nice Traditional Greek Salad. It makes for a great summertime meal!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Looking for more ways to use up zucchini? Check out:
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- 2 cups shredded zucchini excess water wrung out
- 1/2 onion shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon mint
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil for spraying air fryer basket
- Preheat air fryer to 370F.
- Shred zucchini and then place in a clean dish cloth or paper towel and squeeze out all the water.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into 8 balls and then press down to form patties. [You can make these smaller if you wish. Just be sure to reduce the cook time if you do.]
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil and arrange 4 fritters (or as many as you can fit) in your air fryer basket. Cook them for 10 minutes. [Note: You will need to cook these in batches. I cooked mine in 2 batches but this will depend on the size of your air fryer basket.]