Baked Avocado Eggs are a delicious and nutrient-rich way to start your day! Eggs are baked in an avocado and then topped with crumbled bacon, tomato, and parsley! Prepped in just 3 minutes, they are a super easy and delicious way to start the day off right!
These avo egg boats are what breakfast dreams are made of! No, really. They are! All of my favourite breakfast things are in these bad boys and I am in brekkie heaven!
I rarely start my day without eating an egg and pairing them with avocados is a natural (and healthy) marriage. Add a little crumbled bacon and fresh tomatoes and herbs and I am beyond satisfied!
Baked Avocado Eggs Variations
My favourite way to enjoy Baked Avocado Eggs is as I’ve stated it in this recipe, but that doesn’t mean you are bound to it. Aside from the essential avocado and egg components, you can easily adjust this recipe to suit your tastes or dietary restrictions!
Some other options for toppings that I enjoy from time to time is crumbled feta! I’ve also added chopped red onion and sliced olives to them to make them and it is soo yummy! You aren’t bound to these, though, so feel free to switch things up!
As the recipe is stated, it is a great keto-friendly recipe and, as it is absent of all grains, it is gluten-free as well. If you are on a paleo diet, you can also enjoy this recipe but just leave out the Parmesan cheese!
Of course, if you are vegetarian, just leave out the bacon! It is delicious without it but if you like an extra salty kick (I tend to like salty things..), you can add some crumbled feta in its place.
Hope you all love these Baked Avocado Eggs as much as I do! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Baked Avocado Eggs
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese (optional, leave out if on a paleo diet)
- 1 slice bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Scoop out some of the center of the avocado to make a well large enough for an egg. Set onto a muffin pan. Crack an egg into each half of the avocado. Season each egg with salt and pepper and a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for approximately 14 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove eggs from oven and sprinkle with bacon, tomatoes and parsley. Serve immediately.