This healthy Crustless Zucchini Pie is incredibly easy to make and can be served as a main dish or side. Super simple, delicious, and perfectly cheesy.
This Crustless Zucchini Pie is made with shredded zucchini and three different kinds of cheeses! It’s low carb, healthy, and so delicious! We make it often in our home as it is so versatile. It makes a great breakfast topped with an egg, a light lunch or dinner served with a salad, or can even be served up as a side dish to accompany your main meal!
I am a huge fan of zucchini. Maybe its in my Greek genes or something but I really and truly can’t get enough of it. The trouble is, my husband is not a fan. This has made it a bit challenging when meal times come around.
This was one of the zucchini recipes that he actually asks me to make! It’s that good. And since it doesn’t have large pieces of zucchini (its all shredded), even those who hate the texture of zucchini will like this!
It also doesn’t hurt that it is loaded with cheesy goodness too! Where my cheese lovers at? This crustless zucchini pie has ricotta cheese, feta and also mozzarella cheese! Triple the cheesy goodness in a low-carb, veggie loaded dish that is sure to please taste buds!
This recipe is similar to a Greek dish called Batzina, except that traditionally Batzina is made with Greek yogurt and instead of that, this Crustless Zuchinni Quiche uses ricotta cheese. The more cheese, the better, I say and so that is what I have done here!
Ingredients in Crustless Zucchini Pie:
- ricotta cheese
- feta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- dried dill
- olive oil
How to make Crustless Zucchini Pie
- Prep the zucchini: Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess water. I use a cheese cloth but you can also use paper towel.
- Mix the ingredients together: Place the zucchini and all the remaining ingredients (except for the olive oil) in a large bowl and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer to a baking dish: Transfer to a baking dish that has been greased with oil or butter. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer.
- Drizzle with oil and bake: Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 40 minutes or until the top turns a nice golden brown.
Tips for the perfect Crustless Zucchini Pie
This dish is incredibly easy to make and doesn’t require much skill. There isn’t much room for error but there are a couple simple things that you can do to ensure perfect results.
- Tip #1: Its not necessary but I recommend using a food processor to shred your zucchini. You could do it the old fashioned way, with some good old elbow grease, but I take the whimpy, easy way out! So much easier.
- Tip #2: Its important that you drain the excess water out of your zucchini. I place the shredded zucchini in a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much water as I can. If you don’t have cheese cloth, you can use paper towel. Just be careful to do it over a bowl in case the paper towel rips. You don’t want to lose all that zucchini!
Storing leftovers and reheating
Once cooled, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat them, place the slice(s) you wish to reheat in a parchment lined pan (or lightly greased pan) and reheat it in the oven until it is warmed through. Alternatively, you can microwave it until it is warmed through.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!
You may also like:
Crustless Zucchini Pie
- 1 teaspoon butter or oil to grease the pan
- 3 small zucchini or 2 cups shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a baking dish (I used a 9×9 dish).
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess water. I use a cheese cloth but you can also use paper towel.
- Place the zucchini and all the remaining ingredients except for the olive oil) in a large bowl and mix until everything is well incorporated. Transfer to the baking dish. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer and then drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top turns a nice golden brown.
Note: Metric ingredient measurements are provided as a courtesy using a third-party calculator and are rounded to the nearest unit. The recipes provided on this site have not been tested with metric measurements and their accuracy cannot be verified.
The nutritional information provided is based on third-party calculations and is an estimate only. Accurate nutritional facts will vary based on the particular brands used, portion sizes, measurement accuracy and more.