These fluffy, tender Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are easy to make and delicious. Best of all, they are made in one bowl which means easy clean up!
These cupcakes are my latest obsession! They are so tender and fluffy, really have to restrain myself from eating them all. I cannot rave about these cupcakes enough! They are truly wonderful.
I baked up my latest batch for my sister’s birthday. They were dropped off for her and my parents to enjoy (and squirreled some away for us too). I figured that this way, I got to enjoy them without eating the whole batch since I was giving almost all of them away!
But, parting is such sweet sorrow. As I sit here typing this, I am already wishing I had squirreled away just one more cupcake. Dangerous, you guys! Don’t let their cute appearance fool you!
These cupcakes are great for so many occasions! Birthdays, Mother’s day, bridal or baby showers, barbecues, Tuesdays, Saturdays…The list goes on!
Making Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
My favourite thing about this recipe, besides the wonderful taste, is how easy it is to make…and clean up! I am a huge fan of one bowl recipes and this baby delivers! No need to muck up multiple bowls, Everything goes into the bowl of my stand mixer and then into the cupcake moulds. Thats it! And since the muffin tin is lined with cupcake liners, I really only have to clean the stand mixer!
The recipe is pretty easy to follow too. You need all of your standard cake ingredients (flour, butter, sugar, eggs, etc) and add to it fresh lemon and blueberries to really make these cupcakes flavourful and fresh-tasting.
The complete list of ingredients includes:
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- lemon (juice and zest)
Once all of the ingredients are incoprorated (per the instructions in the recipe card), let those sweet little cakes cool completely. Then comes the icing!
You are free to top them with your favourite icing but I highly recommend a lemon cream cheese frosting. A vanilla buttercream would work here too if cream cheese is not your thing.
The lemon cream cheese frosting I have included is my absolute favourite! I am a huge fan of cream cheese frostings and much prefer them to buttercreams. This lemon version is delicate in its lemon flavour and compliments the lemon blueberry flavour in the cupcakes so well. So much yum! It is the perfect final touch to a lovely little cupcake!
I am seriously making myself want one now!
Hope you enjoy these cpcakes as much as I do! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup blueberries
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 g cream cheese (1 brick or about 8oz)
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners or powdered sugar)
- lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- fresh blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add the baking powder, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk and blend to form a smooth batter. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and stir in blueberries with a spatula.
- Spoon batter into the cupcake liners, filling each until they are 3/4 full. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Icing
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add the butter and beat to combine. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar and mix until everything is combined and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Top with fresh blueberries and lemon zest if desired.
Done and great tasting! Thanks
So happy you liked them!
Finally a cupcake that doesn’t fall apart after one bite. And delicious!
Fresh or frozen blueberries in the cupcakes?
Hi! I use fresh blueberries and prefer them but you can use frozen too. If you are using frozen, don’t thaw them and be careful not to overmix or your batter may turn blue.
How long do these cupcakes last in the fridge?
I’m planning on making these the night before a party will they still be good the next evening if refrigerated? The blueberries won’t get them soggy?
I don’t find them very soggy the next day. I usually bake mine the night before an event too and they are still great!
Delicious! I’ve made them a few times already and are now my favorite cupcake! Ty for sharing your recipe!
Thank you so much! I am so happy you love them!
These are RIDICULOUSLY good! I made these yesterday and they were SO EASY, and refreshing. My husband even took one to one of his coworkers today, so they could obsess over them together. Thank you for sharing this amazing shareable goodness!
Thank you so much! It makes me so happy to hear you all enjoyed them as much as I do! 🙂
What type of flour is needed? All purpose flour?
Yes, all purpose flour is what I use.