These Funfetti Cupcakes are fluffy, moist and easy to make! These fun cupcakes are perfect for birthdays and other celebrations! Who doesn’t love sprinkles?
In honour of my blog birthday (or blogaversary?), I decided to bake up my Funfetti Cupcakes! Seriously, who doesn’t love a good birthday-themed cupcake! Any excuse will do and this seemed like a good one to me!
Cupcakes are generally fun to make and eat and I tend to make them more often than I do regular cakes. Maybe its just me, but I like a pre-portioned cake. It helps to keep me in line otherwise I might go overboard…
The base for this cupcake is my vanilla cupcake base. With the fun addition of sprinkles. And then icing. And then more sprinkles! All the sprinkles!
The cupcakes are pretty easy to make too!
Ingredients for Funfetti Cupcakes
To make these cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- butter (at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- flour (all purpose or cake flour)
- baking powder
- baking soda
- rainbow sprinkles
Making the cupcakes
Like most cake/cookie recipes, to start, I begin by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then I add to it the other wet ingredients- the eggs, milk, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
Once that is all incorporated, I stir the dry ingredients in a bowl (the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and then I add it to the wet ingredients and blend until it is all incorporated.
The last step is to mix in the sprinkles. Because they tend to seep out their colour, I fold them in with a spatula with minimal folds. Then into the cupcake tray they go and into the oven for approximately 17 minutes or so.
That’s it! Top with your favourite icing and you are good to go!
You may also like:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all purpose or cake flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer) cream together the butter and sugar until it is nice and fluffy. Add the egg, egg white, milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract and blend until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add it to the wet mixture until everything is incorporated. Using a spatula, gently fold in the sprinkles (careful not to over mix as the sprinkles will stain the batter as the colour seeps out).
- Spoon batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely before icing.
Note: Metric ingredient measurements are provided as a courtesy using a third-party calculator and are rounded to the nearest unit. The recipes provided on this site have not been tested with metric measurements and their accuracy cannot be verified.
The nutritional information provided is based on third-party calculations and is an estimate only. Accurate nutritional facts will vary based on the particular brands used, portion sizes, measurement accuracy and more.