This Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe makes a delicious and nutritious dinner that is sure to impress!
I am currently obsessed with acorn squash! Not only is it delicious but it looks so cute it is when sliced! Those beauty, wavy ridges make it absolutely spectacular!
It is not only pretty to look at but it also packs a nutritious punch too! When you add ground turkey and quinoa too, you end up with a wonderful complete meal! This super healthy, balanced dinner is packed with nutrients and so much flavour!
While it does require a bit of cook time, it really isn’t too difficult and it worth it in the end!
I like to serve this up with a light side salad for a delicious Fall or Winter meal.
Ingredients in Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Acorn squash
- Ground turkey
- Olive oil
- Dried cranberries
- Seasoning: thyme, rosemary salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
The full details are in the recipe below, but making this dish comes down to a few easy steps:
- Roast the squash: Cut the acorn squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Bake cut side up for about 45 minutes or until squash if fork tender.
- Cook the quinoa.
- Saute the ground turkey.
- Cook and season the veggies and fruit: Saute the onion, apples, dried cranberries, and spinach, and season with thyme rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Mix it with the turkey and quinoa: Add the turkey back into the pan along with the quinoa and stir to combine everything. Remove from heat.
- Stuff the squash and bake: Spoon the turkey mixture into the scooped out center of each squash. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and place in the oven, broiling for a couple minutes.
Serve with a light side salad and enjoy!
You may also like:
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 apple chopped
- 1 1/2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease generously.
- Carefully cut a little off the top and bottom of each squash to have flat surfaces. Cut the acorn squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Bake cut side up for 45 minutes or until squash if fork tender. (The size of your squash will determine if more time is needed).
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan and add the ground turkey. Cook, stirring frequently until the turkey is fully cooked. Remove from pan.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil and add the onion, cooking over medium heat until translucent. Add the apple, cranberries, spinach, thyme, rosemary and salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey back into the pan along with the quinoa and stir to combine everything. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the scooped out center of each squash. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and place in the oven, broiling for a couple minutes. Be sure to keep your eye on it to ensure it does not burn.