Incredibly easy to make and full of fresh flavour, this Caprese Pasta Bake is sure to become a family favourite! This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require too much time, making it perfect for weeknight dinners or meal prep!
Excuse me while I dive head first into this pasta dish! Just kidding. I already did and its all been eaten at this point! Ha!
I’m a pasta lover and this dish is one of those meals that has me feeling all good and cozy right now. Its satisfying, healthy, and includes all the flavours I love! Fresh toms, fresh basil, pesto, cheese. I mean, how can you go wrong?
You can’t. You can’t go wrong!
How to make this Caprese Pasta Bake
Did I also mention how easy it is to make? I’m telling you guys, you need to make this!
To make this dish, you’ll need:
- pasta (penne, fusili, or similar)
- grape tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- mozzarella cheese, cut into smaller pieces
- basil, sliced into ribbons
First, I cook the pasta al dente and toss it with the pesto, grape tomatoes and chicken. I place it in a greased baking dish and then top it all off with mozzarella. I bake it until the cheese is melted and gooey. Just before serving, I sprinkle fresh basil on top and voila! A delicious dinner is born!
I hope you give this a try and enjoy it!
You may also like:
Caprese Pasta Bake
- 500 g pasta (penne, fusili, or similar)
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons basil sliced into ribbons
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toss pasta with pesto, 1 tablespoon olive oil, grape tomatoes and chicken.
- Grease baking dish with remaining olive oil. Place pasta mixture into dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.